ReefCleaners.org

Memoirs Of A Pico

badfish816

hey there....the tank and stand look great together! Those eggs are crazy! I've never seen that before. I noticed a baby nass snail in my 35g tank a few months ago. I never noticed any eggs prior to that. You'll have to let us know what happens with those.

thanks gena. glad you stopped by. i saw a tiny baby snail yesterday. it had the shell like a nass but not a long foot. maybe it is a baby nass and hasn't fully developed. i also found a tiny shell like one didn't make it. but i will definately keep and eye out. since it's next to my bed it's hard for me to fall asleep. i stare at it for awhile at night and see all sorts of new stuff

I'm hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those eggs are that of the dreaded "Mind Eater" Annelida. It's a phenomena that only occurs in the enclosed aquarium environment. They hatch late at night, then leave the tank in search of the nearest sleeping human host (preferably an aquarist) where they burrow into the brain and, as their name implies, eat it from the inside outward. In the final stages, before the host succumbs to the loss of brain tissue, they release spores at a LFS which the host has been compelled to go to. Luckily the spread of online shopping has helped to inhibit their spread.

If you send me all the eggs, I'll dispose of them properly (free of charge). You should send the whole fuge to be on the safe side.

Until then, sleep with baby carrots in your ears, and a 50/50 mixture of vaseline and thousand islands dressing on your lower orifices. You can't be too safe.

-Honest Gimp

lol. that is stinking hilarious. but i'm still a little paranoid. although, i think i have found a solution by accident. when they burrow into my head they will soon find out that the only thing there is my pico again. therefore they will be in the twilight zone and eventually starve to death. lol

but to be on the safe side i will by some baby carrots tonight. but i don't know if i can justify the thousand island dressing. my dog might just get a little too friendly while i sleep. :lol:

Edited by badfish816
  • 2 weeks later...

well, just somethings new i found today: pineapple sponge, red worm-like creatures on the class, tiny baby snails.......oh ya and FLATWORMS!!!!! :angry:

Edited by badfish816
  • 2 weeks later...

some updates. picked up three heads of orange acan. got some free zoos with it. also have alot of stuff coming next week. i'll get some pics once everything is in and open.

That would have been pretty cool if they did hatch though, if the babies all grew up into full bags of chemi-pure you would be set for life, you could probably even trade/sell off a bunch for profit :)

I only knew what it was because I've had that stuff (and the black part too) all up in every crevice of my picotope once lol. You got off easy :)

there is some in my sand bed. sux. it would take forever to get it all out. my nass snails move the sand so much that it just gets buried though. ya, i wish i had infinate supply of chemi-pure.

got some mysis today. the acans and candy snarfed it down. looks like i will have a colony in no time! got some stuff coming over night. should be here wednesday....can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

i have some photos but they are from a crappy kodac digital. not the most appealing but i will get some on here. we are goin to be moving soon and my grapa has brain cancer so i have been caught up in alot of stuff. tank looks good though. i'll get some up asap. lol

i have some photos but they are from a crappy kodac digital. not the most appealing but i will get some on here. we are goin to be moving soon and my grapa has brain cancer so i have been caught up in alot of stuff. tank looks good though. i'll get some up asap. lol

so sorry to hear about your grampa :( take your time on the photos..you have a lot on your plate right now!

thank you. he is doin pretty good with the treatments. we will at least get one more christmas with him. i took some pics but i still have to upload them to the computer.