Cultivated Reef

Jimbo's "Foot Long" Mini Monster cube!

wljimbo

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude that angler is the BOMB. Where did you get him?

shhhhh It’s a secret :ninja:lucid corals

I found this place awhile back and IMO they’re 1 of the very best online vendors out there! I can’t say enough about them high quality livestock, outstanding costumer service & amazing prices! Always willing to put together a packaged deal or special order anything I need! – I highly recommend them and I’m sure if you mention the contest they’ll hook you up!

pic taken by Zach @ Lucid corals...

AMaculatustiny3.jpg

shhhhh It’s a secret :ninja:lucid corals

I found this place awhile back and IMO they’re 1 of the very best online vendors out there! I can’t say enough about them high quality livestock, outstanding costumer service & amazing prices! Always willing to put together a packaged deal or special order anything I need! – I highly recommend them and I’m sure if you mention the contest they’ll hook you up!

Man, they do have some great looking stuff and great prices too.

That angler is pretty sweet, nice start!

Thanks-guys! Sorry I've been absent for a few days! I had a family emergency this weekend and almost lost my brand new nephew! So until things settle down a bit I’m not going to be able to mess w/ the tank to much.

Damn, dude...hope the nephew gets better quicly.

Thanks-bud! It’s been hell the last few days! My sister had to have an emergency c-section and the baby was transported to a NIC unit at all children’s hospital. She just got release from the hospital she was stuck at, so I was the only one who could stay w/ the new baby! He’s stable now, but not out of woods yet. I never seen anything like it 70 babies in this unit and you couldn’t even hear 1 crying because there’ll on ventilators. Seeing babies w/ needles and tubs in their heads really makes you think!

Thanks – Tank the little guy is doing a lot better but well when it rains it pours! My parent’s were diving home from seeing the baby in the hospital and were hit by guy that ran a red light! There’re alive and home now but really messed up! I don’t know how much more of this I can take!

I'm sorry the best I can do is a night shot. Haven't been able to do much. All I've added is flame algae, and a green ric. I'm waiting on another piece of live rock and some frags from lucid. I also finally got to order the light i've been waiting for. One of Evil's PAR38 LED lamps :).

FTS 10/5/09

tank004.jpg

Wow! you have had a busy month, hope the nephew, sister and parents are all well -_-

Tanks looks great so far!

edit- Please post a link to the FTS in your first post ;)

Those are definitely beautiful lights :)

Thanks MGD, ya Evil does some amazing work!

I’m loving this light! The color is perfect & I’m still getting that "shine" you normally see w/ a MH… I definitely got to play w/ the height and angle a little more and I’m having a hard time figuring out what setting to use on my camera. (The middle of the pics always look a little washed out where the light is strongest.) but all in all I'm very happy and the fixture only cost me $30.00 at Target! :D

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

I’m hoping to get my order from Lucid and add some frags this week, so more to come shortly!

You got your PAR38! Cool!

I'm noticing that it looks like it needs to be mounted pretty high due to the narrow-ish optics. That kind of sucks because I had the most perfect mounting system planned for mine. But it looks pretty good! More picherz!

Looks good Jimbo. Glad yo like the like. Keep an eye on the temps on that heatsink. If it gets to the point where the heatsink is uncofortable to touch, it might be time to look at a different fixture.

I know the pictures aren't always telling, but it looks like you might need a little more height to get better coverage.

phorensic, we are looking to start offering wider lens options in the near future that will allow you to place the lamp closer to the tank.

Looks good Jimbo. Glad yo like the like. Keep an eye on the temps on that heatsink. If it gets to the point where the heatsink is uncofortable to touch, it might be time to look at a different fixture.

I know the pictures aren't always telling, but it looks like you might need a little more height to get better coverage.

phorensic, we are looking to start offering wider lens options in the near future that will allow you to place the lamp closer to the tank.

Thanks again Evil!

I agree, I'm gonna rise it up a few more inches when I get home. It's has vents in the side and back, but I'll keep checking the heatsink. I also have an extra small clip-on fan that I can point at the light if it becomes a problem! I can’t wait to see what kind of growth rate I get w/ your light!

phorensic - I'll post a few more pics tonight after I adjust the light a little! :lol:

Ikea makes a similar desk lamp where the whole reflective "hood" is removable.

Thanks MGD, ya Evil does some amazing work!

I’m loving this light! The color is perfect & I’m still getting that "shine" you normally see w/ a MH… I definitely got to play w/ the height and angle a little more and I’m having a hard time figuring out what setting to use on my camera. (The middle of the pics always look a little washed out where the light is strongest.) but all in all I'm very happy and the fixture only cost me $30.00 at Target! :D

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

I’m hoping to get my order from Lucid and add some frags this week, so more to come shortly!

Archived