Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Don't wait 5 months for pics :P

Haha it will be me more like 6 :D

Those do look pretty close! Especially the first one!

any pics and i got a chiller and my tank is now cold

Nice! None as of now. Hows your tank?

well my heater broke and every thing was looking bad so i traded my leds for a big chiller its for like a 180 gallon so there will be no problem keeping the temp down and i lowered the temp slow to not kill the bactirea so it should cycle fast as it was already going put the live rock in the sump and local beach rocks in the display

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh bummer man. Cool! How has this been working out? You will still have to cycle it man. The bacteria just needs to, it will probably take a month or two haha. Tell me when it is set up man!

• 1 month later...
Come on man! This is one of my favorite tanks! Pics pics pics!! :P

I assume you are going to the cabin in a month or two?

I will probably go up there this summer for sure, other than that I don't know when. I am pretty busy....

animalmaster6

I found out (thanks to Anemone Fan) where to find lumpfish around here. I can't wait until Spring so I can find some.

I actually just joined the Temperate Reef Forums!

I found out (thanks to Anemone Fan) where to find lumpfish around here. I can't wait until Spring so I can find some.

I actually just joined the Temperate Reef Forums!

Too bad they aren't spiny lumpsuckers :P

Cool cool.

animalmaster6

At least they are lumpfish :P I also now know where to find gunnels. I am a happy person :happy:

It's like two hours way though so I probably won't be there soon.

It's a really cool forum.

animalmaster6
Gunnels are awesome :D

IME they like to hide under rocks btw

They are like a mix between gobies and eels.

Gunnels also like to hide in bottles (beer bottle like shaped) discarded into the water.

They are like a mix between gobies and eels.

Gunnels also like to hide in bottles (beer bottle like shaped) discarded into the water.

I know! I love their faces :P

Really? Do you have alot of bottles there? I think the trash here gets washed somewhere else by the waves, don't really see any bottles along the shore

animalmaster6
I know! I love their faces :P

Really? Do you have alot of bottles there? I think the trash here gets washed somewhere else by the waves, don't really see any bottles along the shore

I actually have no clue! :lol:

I more know about the gunnels of where you live than here. There are bottles there.

I actually have no clue! :lol:

I more know about the gunnels of where you live than here. There are bottles there.

It's kinda like they're grumpy, but they have small eyes which makes them cute :wub:

I guess it depends which beach you go to :P You do have gunnels there, right?

I'm going to a beach in New Hampshire that's supposed to have Rock Gunnels, Pholis gunnelus.

Nice! The ones I've found around here are more of a pretty solid brown color, except for their head, I've not sure on the exact species

So anyway. There are tons of gunnels at my cabin. I could probably capture 50+ in one day haha. I like the green ones, and the brown and red ones the most though.

animalmaster6
So anyway. There are tons of gunnels at my cabin. I could probably capture 50+ in one day haha. I like the green ones, and the brown and red ones the most though.

:o:mellow:omgomgomg

I'm going on a special trip hoping to find one. They are definetly one of my favorite non goby fish. They're pretty close to gobies though! :lol:

:o:mellow:omgomgomg

I'm going on a special trip hoping to find one. They are definetly one of my favorite non goby fish. They're pretty close to gobies though! :lol:

:lol:

They are pretty darn neat. Hopefully you are able to find one!

animalmaster6
:lol:

They are pretty darn neat. Hopefully you are able to find one!

Thanks Jacob. Michael Mulligan on TR jus tposted a really cool video on his gunnels. They are neat!

Thanks Jacob. Michael Mulligan on TR jus tposted a really cool video on his gunnels. They are neat!

I should really check that out. I tried logging in once and couldn't probably an error on my end. I will do that eventually....:D

Archived