Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't! Mine was out of the ocean for 5 hours and that still didn't work lol.

Lol live sand? It's only like a 1-2hr drive for me :) Well, it would be much shorter, but I my fav beaches are a little farther away :P

My first cw tank didn't even cycle, I dumped everything in at once xD Nothing died :P

Lol live sand? It's only like a 1-2hr drive for me :) Well, it would be much shorter, but I my fav beaches are a little farther away :P

My first cw tank didn't even cycle, I dumped everything in at once xD Nothing died :P

Yup live sand and rock. You did have tough stuff though ;)

nice stuff you got there. :)

The snails are eating the clam, yes? That's a great picture.

Ha thanks man! You need to make appearances more often :lol:

Yea they are. I have had the clam for over a year and today I just randomly found it being devoured. With those snails it was just a matter of time, but pretty interesting.

ThatCollegeReefer

Sweet pics... where do you get your livestock? Straight out of the ocean? At least shipping would be reasonable... :)

Yup live sand and rock. You did have tough stuff though ;)

Ha thanks man! You need to make appearances more often :lol:

Yea they are. I have had the clam for over a year and today I just randomly found it being devoured. With those snails it was just a matter of time, but pretty interesting.

yeah, I need to get a tank going or something - I'd be on here a lot more!

It's kinda freaky how many coldwater snails are carnivorous. You should get a moonsnail!

haha true, probably the most sensitive were a starfish & a mussel

Exactly lol.

Sweet pics... where do you get your livestock? Straight out of the ocean? At least shipping would be reasonable... :)

Thanks! Yup, haha it is when you get it yourself :)

yeah, I need to get a tank going or something - I'd be on here a lot more!

It's kinda freaky how many coldwater snails are carnivorous. You should get a moonsnail!

You do! Talk to any professors about your hobby?

Yea they are mean little buggers. Don't moon snails dissolve the shells of their victims? Something like that...they are cool but so huge! We have shells up at my cabin the size of softballs!

Yeah, my freshman writing class was about history, ecology, an politics an the arctic/antarctica, and it was taught by a really cool bio prof, who's taken me on some little research trips with her. I emailed her over break asking if she wants a reef or coldwater tank in her lab, but she hasn't responded yet. I'm hopeful!

Yeah, my freshman writing class was about history, ecology, an politics an the arctic/antarctica, and it was taught by a really cool bio prof, who's taken me on some little research trips with her. I emailed her over break asking if she wants a reef or coldwater tank in her lab, but she hasn't responded yet. I'm hopeful!

Sweet!!! Where did you go?? Wow that would be awesome. Yea hopefully she agrees to that!

The college owns a pretty big area of undeveloped land right next to us, which has a wetland and native plants and stuff. One time we trapped turtles for her in the pond, another we caught birds for her to band. Her senior bio class was gluing little radio's to their backs to try to see how big of an area each bird stayed within, but the radios kept falling off or disappearing, so it was kind of a failure. Really fun though! She also took us to sea world so we could see the polar exhibits, since that's what we were learning about.

The college owns a pretty big area of undeveloped land right next to us, which has a wetland and native plants and stuff. One time we trapped turtles for her in the pond, another we caught birds for her to band. Her senior bio class was gluing little radio's to their backs to try to see how big of an area each bird stayed within, but the radios kept falling off or disappearing, so it was kind of a failure. Really fun though! She also took us to sea world so we could see the polar exhibits, since that's what we were learning about.

Sweet! I want to go there lol. What kind of birds? Haha only one way to learn ;) Wow that is one sweet class. Ahhh I can't wait for college.

Oh so a very small bird? I was thinking pond, so waterfowl lol. I am!! I will be graduating in 2012, so if this whole end of the world thing happens (hahaha) I will be pretty angry.

Cool! Well you should look at Pomona, it's pretty sweet. That is, assuming we don't all die before you graduate. :P

I should! Haha yea, that would really be a bummer. It is handy though, whatever year it is will be the grade I am in :)

I need to look into a bunch of schools, maybe this summer I will take a california road trip :D

Nice shots man.

Thanks Mr. Manson! :lol:

I love those porcelain crab pictures.

Thanks! I love porcelain crabs.

Great shots and interesting livestock...kinda makes me wish I lived around there!

Thank you! Yea, it is nice having the coast relatively close.

Archived