Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

How are thing going here? any new pics :happy: ?

I think I may me starting up a coldwater sooner than I thought. I got a nem that may be a cold-water species... so i'll give it a shot.

Things are going good. I have been re-arranging the macro often because the urchins keep finding it and eating/moving it around the tank. So that has been annoying. Umm a bit of algae has grown on the rocks on the bottom, so thats not fun but there isn't much I can do, I would rather have this hair like algae than cyano though...:P

Very interesting, I saw your thread, I hope it is a coldwater species and that setting up the tank for it will save it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well a little update, the microfauna are really starting to make themselves known. I am seeing pods on the glass and these millipede looking worms crawling around. They are big usually over an inch long. Pretty interesting.

I really like the red macro.

I read that cold water sea weed was difficult to grow, what's your secret?

I have pretty bright lighting compared to most CW tank, and I always have plenty of nutrients, but I try to keep them down with weekly water changes.

Well, looks like I missed the last update, but everything is looking awesome!

Thanks!!!

Back from Europe everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

The trip was amazing! I loved it. And those pics are from France and Spain :) I didn't go to Italy.

The tank is basically the same, haven't done much.

I am thinking about getting a Garibaldi damsel for this tank, maybe this summer. I know they get big. Its like having a tang in there.....buuuuut I kinda want one.

They are, colorful but get big. Hmmmmm. Depends on if I find anything on my next trip. I think I am going up again in may.

animalmaster6

And lumpsuckers :lol:

I love anemones, I saw TONS and TONS and TONS of the CW ones at the aquarium. There was this bright green tank with bright green beadlet Anemones everywhere.

Yea my anemone amount is pretty limited. There are a lot more on the outer islands, mine is very sheltered.

Heres the worm I was talking about earlier. I should look it up, it can swim around or crawl. It does both very quickly. It seems to eat leftover food, and they are multiplying.

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7945.jpg

Archived