ReefCleaners.org

Elsefailed's 40g Breeder

elsefailed

Nice STi. My favorite body style. I hated the pig-nose, but loved the updated headlights. I autocross with a bunch of Scoobys. They're great cars. Good looking bike, too.

Glad the snails helped. I need a bunch more myself.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its actually a wrx if you look closely

the fog lights, fender flares, and side skirts are the tell tale signs as well as no BBK which you cant see =)

the shop that did my body work from my last accident thought it was an sti and gave a sti front end! SCORE!

i also dont like the pignose either, but the projector lights are niiice

i just have a hid retro kit on mine since she didnt come with HIDs like the sti

Nice tank and i love the WRX, I too was into cars once, then i had kids. Had a pretty nice 02 celica but sold it for a 4 door accord, i would love to blow up the accord with some tnt, slow pos. I'm still mad i ended up with the 4cyl *shakes fist* stupid dealerships and making me buy something i didn't want! The car i was trying to trade my celica in for was an 04 WRX, but they wanted like 4k too much for it.

hi i was thinking about upgrading to a sunpod from a T5 HO fixute for my 20 gal. i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on which model to get? also how much heat do they put out and would i need a heater? would metal hallides be a better idea? i'm kind of new to the reef community so i dont know much. hoping to get some tips?

sorry 20reef i have no expierence with MH.

yeah the wrx is a great car its lasted me really well for the four years ive owned her

i wish a had an accord to put around in though since the mpg on the car is low and the tires wear out reallly quick

thanks for the compliments on the scape as well

thanks i love the open look too but im not sure how long that will last

i always find some choice pieces at the lfs and keep adding and adding!

ps. funny sig!

same to you tigah i really like yours! your scape is amazing, your glass very clean, and the white backround really helps make your whole setup pop!

the pvc is hot glued to the bulkhead

the bulkhead is slip not threaded!

i can see that, but how does water flow into the sump? how many holes did you push or is there a seam for water to flow into?

38gal - i see what you mean now sorry for the confusion

how i did that was i hot glued the top end of the pvc with a cap, drilled with one hole

the bottom end has a 1 inch slip to threaded

this was acutualy an accident but it just happened to fit

the 1 inch threaded end dosent screw into the bulkhead, but just sits there pretty snug

then i drilled a few large holes into the pvc where i wanted the water level to be

cheers

ive been to a lot of the lfs's around here but im starting to notice somethings

all the fish ive gotten from tongs have died

most corals ive gotten from tongs as well and they seem to be ok

ive just been to seaside in hb and i really like that store now, a lot of frags and some rare stuff too

IMG_7415.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

IMG_7501.jpg

IMG_7562.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg

Updates

Added a few small frags of random zoos etc etc.

Added a small mystery wrasse that was on sale at amazing aquariums.

Added two more returns to broaden and slow down the return flow.

One t5 bulb went out on my sump t5 light.

Spent way too much time and money on the tank again =\

The metallic green frogspawn seems to have multiple heads now!!!

Hopefully i cant spend anymore money since theres no more room

Now that i increased flow my sump my overflow piping isnt cutting it anymore. very loud

So i ordered a set of CJStandpipes and hope that works out.

Still waiting on my nimble nano glass cleaner

I found a pretty nice sized aipstasia and i tried squirting it with boiling water, he was back again the next time in full force.

Then i tried epoxy over the area he was in and that seems to have worked great!

Archived