Pod Your Reef

Podpimp's SPS SOLANA

PODPIMP

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the most amazing damn Solana however the hell you have it!!!

I have tank envy for sure Pod!!!

Amazing!!! -_-

B)

• 1 month later...
How's the tank doing? This is definitely one of the better tanks i've seen.

Thanks :D The tank is doing great. I moved a few more corals to allow for growth but other than that I haven't done much. Everything is on autopilot at the moment.

A pic from tonight

DSC_0020-4.jpg

I smell TOTM for September soon! Looks amazing pod!

Thanks dEspresso. Naturally I would clean the glass and remove my ghetto chinese food refugium for pics of that honor :lol: I may have to get the tang out of my tank also :unsure:

Tenacious716

Your tank has always been one of my favorites. A friend of mine has a Solana and despite his best efforts (and spot-on parameters), he can't get SPS to do well in there.

Anyways, TOTM is well deserved at this point. Maybe then you'll stop teasing us and post the damn VID! ;)

The tank is starting to get that zeovit look because I haven't been feeding the fish as often. I reduced feedings to every other day and the water quality has greatly improved. The fish are still fat and happy :)

DSC_0012-4.jpg

Are you actually using zeovit Pod? Also what are you feeding when you do feed?

I'm really jealous, I get virtually no growth in my system, and I dose 75ml of BRS CA, ALK, and MG every day! I have 4 clams which I believe are decimating my parameters.

Tenacious, thanks dude :D If your friend needs help you can tell him to PM me on here. I'm sure I can help him out. I will post a video soon :) I just need a couple peeps to get my back when the tang police bash me :D

p-daddy I don't use zeo or any other carbon dosing method. I skim heavily, keep up on water changes, run phosban, and have a small refugium. This allows me to keep a "low nutrient" level without zeo..... and much safer IMO.

I feed the fish a mix of flakes, pellets, and mysis. No coral foods are used in this tank. I did use oysterfeast and brightwell aminos in the past but I believe they were the cause of a cyano problem that I had.

Not sure why you are not getting growth. I will check out your tank link.

Thanks Mike ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Nemo Niblets
Thanks :D The tank is doing great. I moved a few more corals to allow for growth but other than that I haven't done much. Everything is on autopilot at the moment.

A pic from tonight

DSC_0020-4.jpg

Wow... wowowowowowowww.... Sexy as always.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dang, this tank is my goal. Just started a solana and man you set the bar high :)

Questions for you:

1) Do you do top off with kalkwasser or just regular RO/DI water?

2)Which phosban and pump do you use and how do they fit behind the solana?

3) Planning to get the Deltec MCE 600 Turbo, but i don't know how they fit behind a solana so maybe you can take a pic of "behind the scenes"?

4) Is your powermodule dimmable? and if you were to make the decision again, would you go up to 8 x24w vs the 6x24w?

Thanks in advance for the help, you give me motivation to keep a tank like that !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys sorry that i've been MIA so long. I've been extremely busy with work, life etc.. so much so that I had to take the tank down a few months ago. I've been in the hobby a long time and hopefully I will have time for a new tank in the next year or two. I don't think the next tank will be a nano though but i'll still post here :D TTYL

• 3 months later...

Archived