inTank Media Baskets

Podpimp's SPS SOLANA

PODPIMP

I am adding 50ml of b-ionic calcium + alkalinity daily. I keep my alk @ 10DKH and calcium @450ppm MG is dosed about 3 times per week at 50mls to maintain a level of 1300

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nemo Niblets
I am adding 50ml of b-ionic calcium + alkalinity daily. I keep my alk @ 10DKH and calcium @450ppm MG is dosed about 3 times per week at 50mls to maintain a level of 1300

:o

It wasn't always this much <_< all these hard corals suck it up. When I switch from halides to T5's I increase my dosing 20mls daily to maintain levels within a few weeks. Consequently growth was much faster under the T5's

Nemo Niblets
It wasn't always this much <_< all these hard corals suck it up. When I switch from halides to T5's I increase my dosing 20mls daily to maintain levels within a few weeks. Consequently growth was much faster under the T5's

Wow. I'm dosing 5 ml daily.

<_<

At least I spend less money on B-Ionic :D

• 2 weeks later...

You pretty much summed it up :)

A few things have changed. I added a bunch of new zoos, traded out the big clam (took up too much space on the sandbed), and I added a small colony of a red Robusta stag. I have frags all over the place for an upcoming frag swap. I'll take some new shots once I get these frag racks out of the tank :)

FYI, I discontinued the use of Brightwell Coral Aminos. Only real difference that I saw was a cyano bloom :angry:

Thanks Konoula but that's not my picture. I have the same coral. That pic is from the guy who I got my frag from. My frag is now a small colony though :)

I will take a bunch of update pics soon.

tanggov, still running a 6x24 ATI powermodule.

Thanks scubasteve!

Here is an update FTS from today March 26th. I moved the blue Turaki colony to the back of the tank because of space issues. I am thinking about moving it back to the front :)

DSC_0030-2.jpg

2 ?.

1. What do you add to your tank .. Like mag cal etc.

2. Have you ever done a par reading for the light.

Thanks!

Thanks octoman :mellow:

Reefman, I add 50ml of b-ionic cal, alk, and mg daily. I tried brightwell aminos for a while but it gave me a cyano outbreak so I stopped.

I did have a local reefer come by with a par meter last month. I was getting 538 under the fiji purple just below the water line, high 400's under the other bulbs just below the water line, and about 240 on my sandbed under blue+ bulbs.

PS I took a hi def video of the tank but I am afraid to post it because I am housing a hippo tang at the moment :D. I don't feel like dealing with the tang police. I have him in there to finish off some HA and them I'm going to chuck him in my neighbors 300gal :)

Nemo Niblets
I did have a local reefer come by with a par meter last month. I was getting 538 under the fiji purple just below the water line, high 400's under the other bulbs just below the water line, and about 240 on my sandbed under blue+ bulbs.

Hmm. So how much with all the bulbs on? I'm a bit confused.

Hmm. So how much with all the bulbs on? I'm a bit confused.

The par changes when you put the probe under different T5's. There is no overall par number since different T5 bubs produce different outputs. In my fixture the fiji purple bulbs have the highest par.

Archived