inTank Media Baskets

Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest

simplenough

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my attic has A/C ha! well its a huge bedroom now but..........

looks like you gatta lot of work to do eric!

i only gatz to build one! :P

Scooternerd, you are telling me you haven't built yours yet? What have you been waiting for? Post a picture of your finished cube so we can at least get a glimpse of what ours will look like. I know yours is done. Heard it through the grapevine.

yea man, well not only the tanks do i have to make but i need to stop being so "tired" on the weekends and start finish up the attic so it can have an a/c of its own ;)

Thanks

Scooternerd, you are telling me you haven't built yours yet? What have you been waiting for? Post a picture of your finished cube so we can at least get a glimpse of what ours will look like. I know yours is done. Heard it through the grapevine.

grapevine is lian :P

eric i turned my attic into huge master suite. big mistake because my mom moved in and took it over :P

honestly i cant do all of them at the same time, so what im thiking is im going to be making them 5 at a time..... and it takes a few hrs to weld.... so with luck i should be done with most if not all the tanks by the end of the weekend.....

My wife actually wants me to turn the attic into the master bedroom but then i wont have any work area lol.... we shal see what happens once im done.

My heart is aflutter. I can't wait to cradle this baby in my arms when I take it out of the box. God's speed, Eric! Thanks, and keep us posted.

Erick can you confirm?

RE: Aquatic Life Mini skimmer The width of the skimmer is 3" and the back of the tank is 3" but I talked to Erick and he is making the tanks 3.25" to accommodate this.

I need confirmation too. My skimmer has the same footprint, and it appears that Eric is planning to accommode. Thank you Eric. Do we need to start a list of 3.25 back wallers too?

pichers!! awesome!! I am excited!!!

Yeah Erick, your pm said that you would make the tank 3.25" in the rear.. It seems now that a few people are interested in the same skimmer! I do remember that he said a tunze 9002 would fit no problem though...

JavaJacketOC
Erick can you confirm?

RE: Aquatic Life Mini skimmer The width of the skimmer is 3" and the back of the tank is 3" but I talked to Erick and he is making the tanks 3.25" to accommodate this.

Did he say he is making all the tanks with the 3.25" or just those who ask him?

Did he say he is making all the thaks with the 3.25" or just those who ask him?

Waiting to know this as well, I'm eyeing that skimmer to w/ the 20% off.

Posting from a blackberry so bare with me, the back chamber will measure 3"X7" so it should def fit back there. I will try to make it so that its actually s bit mpre than 3" keep in mind this is for everyone that wants the original design. Everyone else will have a 3"X 4" are so that you can put your media basket in. Thanks

Not in the contest here but thought I would throw this in. I have a biocube 29 gallon. The back chamber is 3" wide and the aquatic life skimmer fits in there extremely tight. I would suggest you go 3.25" to be safe.

Just sayin.

JavaJacketOC
Posting from a blackberry so bare with me, the back chamber will measure 3"X7" so it should def fit back there. I will try to make it so that its actually s bit mpre than 3" keep in mind this is for everyone that wants the original design. Everyone else will have a 3"X 4" are so that you can put your media basket in. Thanks

Thanks Eric, you're the bomb

CallMeDrLove
i will not be using that skimmer either :)

I'm not in the contest any more, but I won't be using that skimmer. Or any other skimmer for that matter. I just plan on doing my water changes. With such a small volume of water, I think a skimmer is a little overkill.

CallMeDrLove
thanks for your non contest input

You're welcome. Thank you for your contest gratitude. Wait a second...was that sarcasm? You clever little man, you got me good!

the thing is drlove, you are one of the most active people in this thread and you backed out, but are still putting up a big effort to stay involved. you say you dont like the dims. of the tank but we all haven't even put are hands or eyes on one yet, i think you would be great for the competition, even though you are from east TN.

Archived