Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

Well, they didn't do so well with the clowns in there. Soooo I waited til night time and my clowns usually sleep on the back right hand side of the tank and decided to put them in time out while the others fish swim freely!

The clowns bested up the new really badly and I notice a tear in the fins on top of the body. How can I help them recover their fins. Will they ever grow their top fins back to normal? I just can't believe clowns can be so terrority.

Oh after I put the clowns in a seperate breeder, all my cardinals came out. They looked very happy and started eating right away. It's great to see a good schooling fish in the tank and make the reef more exciting to watch.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck with the new fish and your clowns D. Hope you have better luck than me - my clowns decided my tank would be a goby free zone and took out my purple firefish and yashe goby.

The new gobies look awesome btw! Hurry up with the FTS!!!

Ditto, mine destroyed a YWG.

Some new pictures!

These pictures doesn't do justices but these will have to do as promise. Enjoy!

Daytime:

IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0011-3.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0007-5.jpg

Bird-eyes view:

IMG_0014-1.jpg

IMG_0013-1.jpg

IMG_0015-1.jpg

Actinics with white balance:

IMG_0030-1.jpg

IMG_0029-2.jpg

Acans mountain garden:

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0017-1.jpg

IMG_0020-2.jpg

IMG_0019-3.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

It's alot of hard work but i am almost satisfy with the out come especially my Acans Mountain and hopefully i can start collecting more different kind of montipora caps.. looking for all sorts if anyone have any to share some to me.

Some new pictures!

These pictures doesn't do justices but these will have to do as promise. Enjoy!

Daytime:

IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0011-3.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0007-5.jpg

Bird-eyes view:

IMG_0014-1.jpg

IMG_0013-1.jpg

IMG_0015-1.jpg

Actinics with white balance:

IMG_0030-1.jpg

IMG_0029-2.jpg

Acans mountain garden:

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0017-1.jpg

IMG_0020-2.jpg

IMG_0019-3.jpg

Wow....!

Beautiful

YES! I have finally made my skimmer a little quite more. The old pump on the sapphire wasn't doing so well and i didn't like my original current skimmer either that was using at the moment. so tonight i took out the current skimmer apart and did a little modifying.

I took out the pump from the current skimmer and replace the sapphire pump with that one. i had to do a little modifying with the air tube that connects to the pump and the other end of the tube for the silencer. The problem for the sapphire aquatic pumps is that the motor that is holding the pellar wheel started to lose the foam inside the wheel that makes the foam bubbles for the skim.

Now i am using the current skimmer pump and also using the body of the Sapphire Aquatic skimmer and the result comes out to be great skimming. i will need to maybe add a controller knob for the skimmer to control how much the air should come into the pump that is producing the bubble foam for the skimming part. to be continue...

What's the current fish list? B)

Current fish list as of today:

Fishs:

# 1 Trimma canna - Trimma goby

# 2 Elacatinus puncticulatus - Red Head goby

# 1 Elacatinus macrodon - Tiger Goby

# 2 Elacatinus multifasciatum - Greenbanded Gobies

# 2 Amphiprion percula - Designer Percula Clownfish (in jail time out) :P

# 2 Amblyeleotris randalli - Randall's Goby

#1 Apogon leptacanthus - Blue-Streak Cardinal ( five died due to clown fish problem) :(

Invertebrates:

10 Nitrate snails, 12 Nass snails, 2 Emerald crabs, 1 Pom Pom crab

D, I have a few questions about Acans, as I'm starting to think that they will be a few of my first.

Keep them on the bottom, medium flow right? Any special food for them or suggestions?

Also, Got any thoughts on an avg LFS store for Acans?

Thanks!

D, I have a few questions about Acans, as I'm starting to think that they will be a few of my first.

Keep them on the bottom, medium flow right? Any special food for them or suggestions?

Also, Got any thoughts on an avg LFS store for Acans?

Thanks!

I am shock because of what medred said about me

Looks great! and Holy COW how many acans do you have? I remember when you were afraid to add any acans!

yes you would want to keep low flow on the bottom and feed them mysis and brine shrimp twice week for about a month and slow down to 3 time in a month.

When you feed mysis, do you rinse/strain it like some people, in order to remove the smaller trash particles?

that's to much a hassle. I just take them out the freezer and chop mysis and brine shrimp really fine pieces and also add alittle a reef plus vitamin cap full also added fish flakes and pellets to my little bowl and just when it is about to be feeding time. I would wait til my main lights turn off and see if most of the corals open up their tenacles then I would turn off all my pumps and skimmer and use a feeding tube to feed each one to another one carefully not to over feed.

I do the feeding about a month til they look fat and healthy then I would slow down my feeding to about 3 time a month. You want to do a good 4-5gallon wc after the next day when feeding. Gotta keep your water stable as possible. I have very small fishs about 3/4"-1" so I don't worry to much about fish space. I would like to add more if possible, maybe a flame pawn goby and some other cool looking goby that get along with.

man, everything looks great. i love your scape!

thanks for the nice words! I was trying to work a minimal and a perspective space! The hard part was ziptie and super gel glue the rock to make it look the way I wanted to look and the fun apart was placing coral placement.

Oh, I don't know why but all the zoas are doing well except for the AOG zoas. I try to cut the bad one away and save the other that are not in bad shape and also did a idodine dip but sadly I couldn't save them. They were the biggest polyps I ever seen. Just wanted to let you know how they all doing. That's all.

Archived