Current fish list as of today:

Fishs:

# 1 Trimma canna - Trimma goby

# 2 Elacatinus puncticulatus - Red Head goby

# 1 Elacatinus macrodon - Tiger Goby

# 2 Elacatinus multifasciatum - Greenbanded Gobies

# 2 Amphiprion percula - Designer Percula Clownfish (in jail time out) :P

# 2 Amblyeleotris randalli - Randall's Goby

#1 Apogon leptacanthus - Blue-Streak Cardinal ( five died due to clown fish problem) :(

Invertebrates:

10 Nitrate snails, 12 Nass snails, 2 Emerald crabs, 1 Pom Pom crab

Wow. Lost 5 cardinals due to the clowns? That is nuts.

Sorry to hear man.

Hope you have better luck when they come out of time out

Everything's looking awesome! I love the acan garden... I have a little too much light in our tank to keep acans super happy... were running out of shady spots :P

Wow. Lost 5 cardinals due to the clowns? That is nuts.

Sorry to hear man.

Hope you have better luck when they come out of time out

Yeah that is nut dude, i only have 1 blue streak cardinal left now. But the good news is that i have given that mean clown to a good home and just talked to hyperboy for the past few days about his S'mores clowns. We made the deal and he is shipping out on Monday for me for my replacement of my bad clown. Hopefully my other clown don't bother the new baby clown. Here is a picture from hyperboy that he sent me and i just couldn't resist and just made the purchase.

101_1415.jpg

101_1384.jpg

Your new clown is on his way! Tank looks great!

IT IS HERE!!!! He is doing good and happy swimming in the bag for now. He made it safe and alive. Thanks Hyperboy for the beautiful fish!

My big clown is checking him out, i had put the little guy in the fish breeder for now until it is safe to let him completely in the main display tank. :lol:

Hopefully, i can get him to eat later tonight. What is the best way to feed him and what type of food i need to start off with?

FishEyeAquaculture
IT IS HERE!!!! He is doing good and happy swimming in the bag for now. He made it safe and alive. Thanks Hyperboy for the beautiful fish!

My big clown is checking him out, i had put the little guy in the fish breeder for now until it is safe to let him completely in the main display tank. :lol:

Hopefully, i can get him to eat later tonight. What is the best way to feed him and what type of food i need to start off with?

Sweet! Start him off with feeding the new life spectrum small fish formula pellets! Can't wait to see pictures of him in that awesome tank!

New Picture of the new one, he is finally here! I can't wait to see him get a little bigger and with more white markings. he looks beautiful and my other clown is going nut to see someone new in the tank with him.

So how often should i feed the little guy? When i feed him the pellet yesterday afternoon, he immediately try to eat but the small size pellet is still a little to big for his mouth. lol Poor little fella!

IMG_0014-2.jpg

IMG_0019-4.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023-1.jpg

IMG_0032-2.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

kevantheman35

hey can you post a pic of your l.e.d actinic set up? and also where u guy them, i am trying to retrofit something similar to my gieseman fixture on my solana

by the way your tank is looking amazing

FishEyeAquaculture

Try some crushed flake (any premium brand) or some rods coral blend (they love it, and so will your acans).

x2 on the led set up. I too am interested in seeing that, I really want some LEDs for my solana.

Wow! Awesome scape. I can't wait to see how the SPS fill in on top. TOTM in a few months!!!

Thanks Mr. Microscope.. I don't know about TOTM but i got a long way to go.. there are far more beautiful tanks out there and they deserved more then mine. :) i just like to enjoy every little detail that i've put in this solana. From rocks, sands, corals, and fish just fascinate my mind when i get home from a long day at work. Again thanks for the kind words

SO SWEET! Love the clown!

Thanks, i love the clown too! :P

Awesome!!! :happy:

You can say that again AM!

hey can you post a pic of your l.e.d actinic set up? and also where u guy them, i am trying to retrofit something similar to my gieseman fixture on my solana

by the way your tank is looking amazing

I sure can when i get a chance. Which l.e.d. actinic set up do you want to see?

Try some crushed flake (any premium brand) or some rods coral blend (they love it, and so will your acans).

x2 on the led set up. I too am interested in seeing that, I really want some LEDs for my solana.

The little fella is eating like a champ on crushed flakes spectrium and pellets. kinda make me think why i didn't get a pair instead. :/

about the leds. i didn't know you have a solana too? got a thread hyperboy?

kevantheman35

the one on your main fixture, and how you attached them would be great!

YES! I have finally made my skimmer a little quite more. The old pump on the sapphire wasn't doing so well and i didn't like my original current skimmer either that was using at the moment. so tonight i took out the current skimmer apart and did a little modifying.

I took out the pump from the current skimmer and replace the sapphire pump with that one. i had to do a little modifying with the air tube that connects to the pump and the other end of the tube for the silencer. The problem for the sapphire aquatic pumps is that the motor that is holding the pellar wheel started to lose the foam inside the wheel that makes the foam bubbles for the skim.

Now i am using the current skimmer pump and also using the body of the Sapphire Aquatic skimmer and the result comes out to be great skimming. i will need to maybe add a controller knob for the skimmer to control how much the air should come into the pump that is producing the bubble foam for the skimming part. to be continue...

i might have to try that myself, i havent been able to get my saphire to produce any skim whatsoever, its just been sitting in my tank turned off for a couple months, can't wait to see if the other pump works for me

Archived