Innovative Marine Aquariums

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

Wow I personally think the aquascape is excellent. It sort of reminds me of a wizard's hat.

lol, it does huh? :P:lol:

dude, sickest tank ever! Love the solana dont you?

Thanks K, love no more then you do. :D

sweet new corals ;)

the SPS on top is gonna look so fine when it grows out!

i hope so, i just don't know about those sps i got to test out. We're see how it does after the crash. :scarry:

Amazing! :bowdown:

I may just put both gobies in the 125 :lol:

Thank AM

You should do it! i can't wait to see your tank turns out with gobies in there.

you are a master aquascaper! I'm going to have to step my game up!

It took me a long time to think about how i wanted to aquascape it but i am happy i did it.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey D'... when did you get your maxspect and how do you like it? I'm contemplating an LED fixture, but I just don't know yet. I'm afraid it won't be as good as MH.

i got my Maxspect G2 400-160 in March but didn't try it out til May when i left for vacation for 3 week. The light did very well. SPS and everything have shown alot of growth but i went back to MH for now to color everything back up again. The led was so intense that it faded my corals out but now is back to normal from my MH. I think the reason why it faded is because i DID NOT acclimated the LED to well and i extended the photoperiod to long. But after researching on google about how long to leave the leds on worked out for me really well now. Here is my schedule as follow:

Lighting Maxspect G2 400-160

* -Actinic: 5:00p.m.-11:00p.m.

* -Mixed Light: 6:00p.m.-10:00p.m.

* -30w Led: 8:00p.m.-9:00p.m.

* -Lunar L.E.D.: Always on

I think you should wait for the G3 version of Maxspect to come out in DEC. 2010 i wish i have waited now to get the version G3 with dimmers. Version G2 and G3 is pretty much the same but alittle twist with dimmers on G3. Definitely should look into that! Hope that helps!

I posted this, then you moved/deleted photos haha!

Opps! :lol:

i did? i messed up when i was posting on the iphone. so i redid the picture again and what i needed to post up. lol But yeah i will have some more acan coming in. my goal is to reach 100 acan frags by next year. lol i probably have some frag soon for you then.

whoa, crazy scape. i like it. and beautiful colors.

Thanks you so kind.

So do you like your LED's better than your MH? Better color? lower heat? less electricity? Does everything look as cool under LED as it does under MH? and lastly... how much was your fixture?

They play both a good role. Led's looks good under actinics and it's hella bright. First time i loaded up almost went blinded. MH i love the colors on it very much but you have to change it out every 8-9 months but on led's you don't have to. You can also switch out to all Cree on the led if you like.

LED's SAVE MORE MONEY on Electricity by alot then MH. They both have good shimmers! My fixture cost me an ARM and LEG. lol

i got a deal on a GB when it was first introduced. The design is very nice and lite. just plug and play. very easy to setup. have it own timers and can manually turn on any option you want. Very well design. i love my MAXSPECT. It put out alot for what others can not put out on. You definitely need to look into it more before jumping into the bandwagon bro.

Here is some link for more info MED:

Maxspect info

where to buy it:

Maxspect price

D did you get ride of that hair algae? I found out competing it with some chaeto works really well, as well as a phosban reactor.

yes, I am still battling GHA and it is about to get out of control. Almost covered my entire back wall. How do I get rod of it with chaeto? I have taken out the refugium and put the chaeto in a little Breeder tank in the display front.

Thinking about renting a seahare and let eat everything then return back to the fish store. that's my last resort

wouldn't a gfo reactor work faster than the macro? only cuz it doesn't have to utilize the extra nutrients, grow. its just absorbs.. anywho i'll probably be ordering a reactor so i'll let you know whats up with those. i've got some gha i can't get rid of too.

Yes please let me know how that reactor goes!

Picked up a seahare and my panda bear goby on Tuesday. I was so shocked to see how small the goby was, It was so small that you will actually need a microscope to be able to see him. He is so small that I had to put in my refugium breeder. I was suppose to get three of the panda but they had to back order them.

So far the little guy eats cyclo-pee and prime one flakes. :) when I was at the lfs I went ahead and purchase another fish too but this one is a mystery fish. Anyone wanna take a good guess. It's very shy so I can't take any photos yet.

tank looks great! any pix of the panda gobies?

Yes, i love this little guy. He is so cute and fat for a 3/4" fish. He is very small. smaller then your pinky finger.

FEED ME!!!

IMG_0018-3.jpg

Safely in my refugium breeder with chaeto

IMG_0019-2.jpg

clear picture from the website

Panda-goby3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seem like i couldn't get rid of the GHA on my backwall so i decided to stop fighting with it and just tear down everything. I had to transfer all my corals and inspect each one and scrub anything that don't belong. I took out the whole back wall with my scrubbing tools and did a major waterchange. After couple days later everything seem to be looking much better then before.

Sadly i couldn't get the old scape back to it original so i played around with the scape again. This time i really like how i got it and hopefully it stay like that. i had to choose each frag and place them carefully where i wanted them to grow out. i also found some new critters that freaked me out. i can't believe i found pod that was half big an inch, they ran so fast though. :D

After setting back the scape and corals. i found myself at ease and enjoyed my tank once again without all those algae in the back wall. I did couple mini waterchange in a week or so. Everything seem so happy now and also some new good stuff came in the mail the other day. I picked up an Ecotech Battery Backup power on here in the classified section for a good deal and installed in this beast for emergency purpose. Now i feel more safe when i am on vacation or at work. Everything is working good when you can get everything automated. :)

Hopefully in couple of days, i can take some photoshoot of the new scape and the tank. i just need to get more time off from work so i can finish things around the house and other things. Well, that's all for now.

Well I can't wait to see the new scape...

So whats the new fish? You said it hides... I guess a Swissguard Basslet... cool and stay hidden...

So far the little guy eats cyclo-pee and prime one flakes. :) when I was at the lfs I went ahead and purchase another fish too but this one is a mystery fish. Anyone wanna take a good guess. It's very shy so I can't take any photos yet.

Cave or Swiss Basslet?

Archived