Cultivated Reef

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

Before my crash it was doing really good and showing alot of growth

IMG_5811.jpg

After my crash this is what it look like, so empty and everything closing up and the fish was scared

IMG_0001-1.jpg

Try to moved all the coral that is trying to make it and save them as possible, they all sitting in the container for the pass 3 days in my ghetto Q-tank. :) recovering

IMG_0008.jpg

I've been doing waterchange everyday little by little to get back where it belong at the right ph and level

PITA is all i am going through at the moment. :( Had to scrub with a brush to get any GHA or Algae off as possible!

IMG_0009-1.jpg(i guess you all can see my custom led light i have on there lol.)

Last my teaser picture of the temporary scape for now only NOT OFFICIAL yet. sorry it was blurry and terrible shot

IMG_0011-1.jpg

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
liking the new scape especially the front left!

your acans look like they are doing ok

thanks, thank god all my acan seem to made through the big crash. They are getting better everyday, when can I start feeding again? I still feed the fishes but just haven't been feeding onthe corals?

Love the new scape!!!!

My fingers are crossed that everything makes it. I think they will! :)

thanks am, but great news, the scape didn't work out so I redid the scape and now you just got to see it and judge it for me. I changed all my layout and was thinking I should try sps again. Was thinking about getting a nice birdnest and a few acro and maybe one monti this time. Still nervous but I won't add any new coral probably couple months later. So the new hunt for those corals begins!

Also the great news is I just got an email fish order from my lfs and I checked out the list and saw flame prawn goby for 25.00 so maybe I will get 2 for 50.00 shipped from my lfs. Can't wait to get my new addition prawn gobies soon!

thanks am, but great news, the scape didn't work out so I redid the scape and now you just got to see it and judge it for me. I changed all my layout and was thinking I should try sps again. Was thinking about getting a nice birdnest and a few acro and maybe one monti this time. Still nervous but I won't add any new coral probably couple months later. So the new hunt for those corals begins!

Also the great news is I just got an email fish order from my lfs and I checked out the list and saw flame prawn goby for 25.00 so maybe I will get 2 for 50.00 shipped from my lfs. Can't wait to get my new addition prawn gobies soon!

sorry about the crash :tears: You'll build an even better reef!

Aren't flaming prawn gobies usually like $100?! Buy me one tooo!!!! :flower:

sorry about the crash :tears: You'll build an even better reef!

Aren't flaming prawn gobies usually like $100?! Buy me one tooo!!!! :flower:

Hey DeMartni, yes the flaming prawn gobies usually goes for $100-150.00 for 3/4 inch of the fish but i couldn't resist this price. take a look for yourself where i try to circle the list in green.

availabilitylist_new_Page_12-1.jpg

Should i get them? i was thinking about getting 2 to try to pair them up! they eat frozen brine and mysis :)

Are the fish still doing well?

Yes all of them are doing really well. Today when i was feeding them they all kinda line up in a line and share food as it passed by them. it was the weirdest thing i ever seen!

Redhead, Tiger, Stripe, and Banded

IMG_0005-3.jpg

Hey DeMartni, yes the flaming prawn gobies usually goes for $100-150.00 for 3/4 inch of the fish but i couldn't resist this price. take a look for yourself where i try to circle the list in green.

availabilitylist_new_Page_12-1.jpg

Should i get them? i was thinking about getting 2 to try to pair them up! they eat frozen brine and mysis :)

uhhhh yeah!!! you'd be crazy not to buy them... well, then again, have you seen them in person? I wasn't too impressed by them, but that may have been bc I didn't feel like dishing that kind of money out for a little fish lol It's up to.

I love tailspot blennies and yasha gobies :wub:

It's a done deal, just put in my order for 2 flaming prawn goby and 3 bumble bee shrimp. Can't wait til they come in wednesday this week. They going to my pico tank for now.

All my gobies is stress free now and doing good and eating like a champ.

FINALLY DONE!

I was thinking to build the perfect scape and i think i got it now.

It took forever to scape it, took 3 days to get it the way i wanted but i don't think i can ever redo it again. :)

i am happy things are looking much better little by little each day.

Nano sapiens

Great to see that things are getting better. I think most of us have had a major crash at one time or another (I had one when a good sized sea cucumber died). A bit of time and the tank will be back in shape again.

Wow what a unique picture..

thanks fly_boer

it was too cute.. Not to take that picture and show it to everyone on NR. I just got lucky I guess and they cheer me up from a terrible crash but I am happy that all of them survived and is eating well.

I did notice one of my redhead goby have some little white spot over his body. Is it something bad like ick. Kinda worry about a little. I did like 80% total water change last week. The little guy don't look like he sick or nothing. But can someone help me on what I need to do?

thanks fly_boer

it was too cute.. Not to take that picture and show it to everyone on NR. I just got lucky I guess and they cheer me up from a terrible crash but I am happy that all of them survived and is eating well.

I did notice one of my redhead goby have some little white spot over his body. Is it something bad like ick. Kinda worry about a little. I did like 80% total water change last week. The little guy don't look like he sick or nothing. But can someone help me on what I need to do?

just wait D, no need to stress anything anymore. hopefully he'll be fine. everything is looking good considering the crash! keep it up

I just looked at my back wall and everything is turning from purple coraline to cora-brown. Will this effect my tank water or the corals? i know i can't do anything right now but wait.

also not good news on the Flame prawn gobies. My lfs owner told me that he couldn't put my order in for those guys because they were sold out really fast. :( oh well.. but he did mention that he still order me the bumble bee shrimps! Do anyone have any experiment with bumble bee shrimps?

+1 new scape!

I will try to take the new scape soon! still working on it :lol:

He's experiancing stress. Just leave him be but if it gets any worse QT him immediatly. Should be fine though.

Will do QT immediately but one noob question AM.. don't laugh. i don't have a QT but what do i need to start one up. i never have one

i got a small pico sitting in my closet never used, custom made, holds about 5 gallon water. should i make that into a QT?

I am glad this is working out well, and that you have an awesome new scape :)

I'm not quite done with the scape yet. It's a whole different stage that i was going through.. When it crashed, i took the advantage to take out all the rocks and scrub the living hell out of any hair algae or anything that i didn't like to see on the rocks after i finished the first scape but now i have changed again and i think it's gonna be a keeper.

i need to charge up my camera and take some picture of the new improve scape. can't wait to share it with everyone. B)

Archived