ReefCleaners.org

Monosyth's Ocean2point0 - Starting over!

monosyth

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, you managed to force a smirk on my face... most depressing day evar! I guess the rack and cup might be here in time for the (presumably new replaced) tank now... same goes for my mighty mite.

I will say, this thing is a beauty though! from what i've seen of it.

no, a depressing day would have been if it was stocked and then cracked. This stuff happens with glass in shipping. Yeah it sucks but the good doctors will hook you up very soon.

thank you for putting in perspective! you are right. should I email Red Sea as well? (send them pix with Purchase Order number?)

I would wait to see what doctors says first, they were the shipper and deal with this all the time. Technically Red Sea did ship it, they drop ship all RSMs from Texas

You're welcome! inTank you for your order. I actually have 0 open orders at this second. That is the first time in the history of my company. Hard work cutting/building straight for three weeks paid off.

Just talked with Pinky at Red Sea... She/They are so awesome. They are sending me a new tank today! So I can just re-use everything but the tank. Awesome Red Sea!! So now, I'm actually opening the inner package and looking at that skimmer and all the parts. And I'll put the stand together today. Woot!

Thank you thank you! I've been stalking all you RSM owners on here for the past 9 months and finally dived! I'm very excited!

You know, i was thinking that, the bottom 10 inches are good? Frag or emergency. Just seal the crack so no yummy glass crumbs get in?

There has to be a way to patch it. Silicone comes to mind as long as the crack doesn't spread

I have another idea too but it involves acrylic (of course)

My Mighty Mite came today, got it hooked up. Didn't realize that it wastes so much water... oh well. I'm only in Southern California is the price of gold. I'll try to reuse for my plants I guess. I hate wasting water.

Anyway, also picked up some strong magnets from Lowes. I hope to use them for ATO indicators. I'm a titch worried about getting that set up correctly and not over watering my tank.

Meanwhile, I did get the stand set up, and put the cracked tank on it, got the hood/lights/timer working, just for placement. It's much bigger than I thought it would be. Much bigger. But it's looking good. My water is dry though...

photo.jpg

Needreefunds

Awe sheet. Sorry about the tank :angry:

Hopefully just a tank won't take two weeks to arrive.

So, did you enjoy assembling that stand? :P

As much Ikea Furniture I've put together, I thought it would be easy.. still a PITA! I guess I'll have time to make 34+ gallons of RO water - by the time I'm done, I think the tank will be here! Planning to store it in some big clear plastic storage bins, should be fine for a week. The first tank only took 5 days to get here. So here's hoping to next Wednesday!

SpankythePyro
There has to be a way to patch it. Silicone comes to mind as long as the crack doesn't spread

I have another idea too but it involves acrylic (of course)

Bend the arcylic to the contour of the glass, patch it inside and out w/ silicone ;)

May look a little unsightly but oh well

Or just use some clear silicone and hope it holds. If it breaks...oh well lol

Needreefunds
As much Ikea Furniture I've put together, I thought it would be easy.. still a PITA! I guess I'll have time to make 34+ gallons of RO water - by the time I'm done, I think the tank will be here! Planning to store it in some big clear plastic storage bins, should be fine for a week. The first tank only took 5 days to get here. So here's hoping to next Wednesday!

:lol:

Definitely a PITA, but I actually love the stand. EZ to keep clean and looks like it could last a lifetime.

RODI does take awhile huh?

Seems even slower when setting up a new tank too

Didn't think that sucker would ever fill up :P

Does anyone know if electrical tape is safe in the water, if I was to wrap magnets to use on the ATO sensors?

My water is dry :(

It would be safe but I don't know how long it will hold a bond. You are better off purchasing rubber coated magnets or coating them with epoxy

Tape doesn't seal off anything, just masks it

the rack fits beautifully! got it today! Except this tank will not be it's home...

photo.jpg

Working on making my water wet:

photo.jpg

Archived