Coral Vue Hydros

pismo's 9.5g [Rimless] ReEF b0x....

pismo_reefer

Tanks looking good! I dig the little plate and your blue cloves. I'm thinking about throwing some in my contest tank, but I'm worried about them taking over. omgomgomg

I never cease to be amazed what people can do with such small tanks. I think the 6 gallon is the smallest I've ever set up and I'm worried about keeping everything stable. Do you dose at all?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dig the little plate and your blue cloves. I'm thinking about throwing some in my contest tank, but I'm worried about them taking over. omgomgomg

they prolly will....my frag has grown about 6x the size it started at 3months ago.

Do you dose at all?

yup....i dose Kent Tech CB (pro,A&B) to keep my dkh@11 and Calcium @ 440ppm.

Tanks looking good! I never cease to be amazed what people can do with such small tanks.

hehe..thanks B)

They'll be sitting about 12" underneath 40Watts of T5HO on the sandbed. Will this be too much light still or do you think I should make a mushroom cove? :o That might be awesome.

They'll be sitting about 12" underneath 40Watts of T5HO on the sandbed.

that'll be perfect.

B)

EDIT: i had mine 8" from my 2x24watt's and the blue's dissapeared....

one day i was cleaning and knocked em off the rock (and onto the sandbed), and theyve never been happier....just sayin'

:D

soo.... i just had a true reefer experience.

i just pulled a 4 inch bristleworm out of my tank.

then, i put him in a bowl and headed for the toilet.

i'm about to dump this beast in the toilet and my 4yr old stops me...

"what is that, daddy?", he says.

So i showed him what was in the bowl, and he says,

"NO daddy!, i want to keep him in a jar! we must not throw him in the toilet!"....

we didnt have a jar. so, i put the bristleworm in a 1g 'crystal geyser' water bottle.

(the kind w/ a handle.)

its freekin creepy. my son is carryin' this thing around like a pet.....eww.

:D

where do you pick up your stock pismo?

Your Reef - hands down the best place in sac to buy corals! the owner, johm, and all staff are incredibly helpful. and they have the best, most colorful selection of healthy corals around....great prices on great coral!

Exotic Aquarium - good selection, lots of fish, $5 frags, but it's pulling teeth to get help.

JoJo Aquarium - $8, $12, $20frags, good small fish selection. great for softies. (AWESOME guys!)

H20 exclusives - coolest setup in sac. not a huge selection, but great stuff.

Aqua Works - EXPENSIVE corals, no frags, but good cheap fish/ inverts! (cool dudes.)

Coral Reef Shop - kinda hidden, but they have some great frags! (know what you want tho, cuz they'lll sell you ANYTHING.)

Your Reef - hands down the best place in sac to buy corals! the owner, johm, and all staff are incredibly helpful. and they have the best, most colorful selection of healthy corals around....great prices on great coral!

Exotic Aquarium - good selection, lots of fish, $5 frags, but it's pulling teeth to get help.

JoJo Aquarium - $8, $12, $20frags, good small fish selection. great for softies. (AWESOME guys!)

H20 exclusives - coolest setup in sac. not a huge selection, but great stuff.

Aqua Works - EXPENSIVE corals, no frags, but good cheap fish/ inverts! (cool dudes.)

Coral Reef Shop - kinda hidden, but they have some great frags! (know what you want tho, cuz they'lll sell you ANYTHING.)

right on man. thanks for the info. you got a damn purty tank btw.

1x Green Hairy Mushroom

DSCN2477.jpg

1x (2head) blue Trumpet Frag

DSCN2474.jpg

1x purple zoa w/ orange rim (look like bleached EZ's)

theyre soo frekkin orange!

DSCN2456.jpg

hehe you get so excited about all the small things! :)

haha...ftfy, :D

but seriously tho, i love corals! and am very easily excited.....

but hell, you know that already. :lol:

edit: and where is the pics of said coral? huh?

woot! [New Growth!]

RSCN2478.jpg

SPS from the front...

DSCN2441.jpg

SPS (and favia) from the back...

DSCN2420.jpg

this is really bugging me :angry: any ideas?

RSCN2480.jpg

its almost like the acro has an attitude...

DSCN2414.jpg

my GF's fav.....

DSCN2417.jpg

RSCN2396.jpg

Archived