ReefCleaners.org

PICASSO CLOWNFISH BREEDING

christosclowns

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christosclowns

thank you very much we are just hitting meta and i hatched the new batch last night and she is going to lay agin in two or three days what an animal lol

christosclowns

colgan your first on my list you get pick of the litter well see how they turn out

christosclowns

Well i dont want to jump the gun and say that im going to have allot of picassos. But since the female is a perc and the male is picasso i should get a good percentage of picasso marked offspring. I have 6 picasso to picasso pairs that should lay within the next few months. I Put a couple males picassos with reg and onyx females so I can get quicker spawns. Anyway im sorry to get off your question but as far as a grade A pair goes. If I do get grade As I iwll do the first two pairs for free in a raffle drawing for those who will be on a list. Then I will do the first 5 pairs at 150 a pair. I want to make it fun at the same time. I iwll give 1 to two pairs a month away for free. after all thats is over they will probably be two hundred a pair or 85 for singles but do not qoute me lol could be less could be more i want to see how they turn out, but good question thank you

christosclowns

Ok here is one baby at 12 days old. this is from their first nest i only hatched out like 8 of them lol because the male ate all of them i have about 400 right now going through meta. Im not calling this a picasso but i thought it was intersting that out of 8 babies this ones head stripe is starting to droop down to his eye lol it could possibly have the pucassos markings but i will see in a couple weeks just wanted to share You can tell how tiny he is compared to the frills on the mushroom

71747180.jpg

christosclowns

I iwll do a random drawing for the pairs I iwll be given away. Basically put all the names in a number generator and let it pick 5 out for me. I iwll make sure you two are on there lets just hope i get picassos keep your fingers crossed

My name is erik By the way christo is my sons name and my restaurants name lol sorry to throw you off

yellowslayer13

Eric thanks for putting me on the random drawing list, if I am not chosen put me on the list to pay for a pair of the Grade A stuff

Thanks for remembering me erik I have been patiently waiting for a long time! Can't wait, and good work man!

d'Espresso

This is an excellent work that you are doing for your hobby and for the community. I hope everything is going successful. I am also interested in ur clowns also and would like to ask you that could you put me on your list. Thanks in a million! Dave

christosclowns

Well i guess we have started a list lol. I hope i get picassos out of these pairs because it would suck to have a list and no picassos. I dont want to start the list for that reason of not knowing what will come about. But I do want to start a list because i want those who have asked to be on the list to get the first dibs as they are requesting position. It is only fair because lets say I do get picassos and I decide to start a list later those of you who have kept interest from the beginning may be on the bottom oir middle of a list for any known reason. So saying all this Here is the beginning of a list lol I knew this would happen Its cool

colgan10

iamborg

yellowslayer13

despresso

m'akoyPINOY

nanoreefnovice

killerb

jacobnano

usf fan

Erik,

The baby you have now is from the perc+pica pair?

How long (months + inch?) before enough white marking show to determine their grade?

thanks

Erik,

The baby you have now is from the perc+pica pair?

How long (months + inch?) before enough white marking show to determine their grade?

thanks

i talked toa guy whjo breeds them and he said that it takes anywere from 4to5 months before he could honestly grade them

NanoReefNovice

This is going to be sick! Been watching the progress and im exited to see dem fishies grow. Would it be possible for me to get up on your list? :)

I know it's gong to be a little while until there ready, but since I kept checking out this thread a couple times a day I might as well jump on the list too!!

christosclowns

Ok cool list is updated thank you I am just starting to see head stripes it will be months before i can tell picassos but ill keep my fingers crossed

d'Espresso

thanks erik for putting me on the list.. Im so happy and will be watching your progress so on. When it is time to send them out. Can u make a guide for us to follow on how to take care when we received the picasso clowns from you? Just curious about them. Thanks

Hey I wanna be part of the drawing lol, put me down. I will be buying some for sure, its just a matter of time.

How are your clowns doing by the way? Are picassos any different from normal false percula, like behavior feeding etc.? Keep us all posted :)

We are all curious like espresso said...

Archived