Cultivated Reef

PICASSO CLOWNFISH BREEDING

christosclowns

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christosclowns

It is almost done lil cleaning up and tweaking in next two or three days and i will post some pix thanks again

christosclowns

ok hatch is getting close about three days or so. All the eggs are fertile and he hasnt eaten any this will be a huge hatch i hope see ya

christosclowns

im trying look at the onyx thread i posted pix, thank you and i am trying lmao so much work my kids are driving me crazy lol

im dying to get a picasso clown paired someday. Cant wait to see your setup! Is there a link on how u build a setup on breeding those fish! Thanks pm me or u selling them when they get alittle bigger?

sweet set up!!!!! that male is sweet! pretty dman cool that you have a collector that will catch you sweet fish like him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what do the babies look like?

their is another guy here in town that is breeding picassos to!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant remember his nameyou guys should team up and make a picasso factory lol

christosclowns

Yeah there is someone breeding them he use to work for a local lfs store. I am just interested to see how many picassis u get out of a picasso perc mix. The hatch will hopefully be great. Im going to pull the pot either tomorrow or tuesday night, Today is day six and they are getting silver so we shall see wish me luck. If all is good i will have some picassos to offer everyone lol

Congratz on your picasso clownfishs breeding. love the setup. What is the best way to setup a tank to raise them like yours but in a smaller version. You got me involve into breeding now. i will do some more research but i just wanna ask you first since you have done it successfully well. btw When they get bigger and ready to go, can you put me on the list. i would love to have a pair of your picasso babies.. i live in mississippi.

Yeah there is someone breeding them he use to work for a local lfs store. I am just interested to see how many picassis u get out of a picasso perc mix. The hatch will hopefully be great. Im going to pull the pot either tomorrow or tuesday night, Today is day six and they are getting silver so we shall see wish me luck. If all is good i will have some picassos to offer everyone lol

yea i think that is the guy.i have never seen his full set up just pictures of the picassos and there eggs and some pics of some type of rare australian clowns that are supposed to be super special

christosclowns

oK WELL HERE IS THE UPDATE THE CLOWNS ALL HATCHED ABOUT 1200 OF THEM IM GUESSING GIVE OR TAKE 100. THERE ARE NO DEATHS AND ITS DAY TWO. I ONLY HAVE ONE PROBLEM LOL MY ROTIFERS CRASHED LOL IM SCREWED TIME FOR EMERGENCY CALLS ILL KEEP EVERYONE UP TO DATE THANKS

christosclowns

Ok well here are the updates the babies are doing somewhat ok. I am having problems with culturing rotifers and i cant figure it out. In the mean time there are about 500 or so babies alive and kicking and they laid again yesterday another huge clutch so i will have allot more this weekend. Ill keep everyone posted hopefully we get cool markings see ya

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if you need more rotifers i know where to get some just let me know

christosclowns

thank you i know a couple guys that are buddie sof mine that have hooked me up with new cultures i think my nano 3600 has gone bad im going to order some tomorrow thank you though

awesome, picasso babies! I hope the food thing works out.

I'm still on the hunt for that perfect second picasso.

christosclowns

well i got food and i got three cultures going. There are a couple hundred babies left so we will see how many come out picasso. They layed a huge nest on friday so i will prepare for the next hatch this fri or sat ill keep everyone posted thanks

christosclowns

Glenn your awesome thank you for the rots i owe you one. But thats what the hobby is about helping out your fellow friends and hobbyists. The nest was huge to bad i lost all the rots when i needed them the most. Probably like 200 or so made it right now. Were at meta on first hatch, and i just hatched about 500 or so tonight i will start feeding in the am nice and early. She is hydrated again so i have another one coming lol machine baby shes a machine

Archived