Innovative Marine Aquariums

DHaut's Hoity Toity

Deleted User 6

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

I did a water change and I think I'm up to .5ml vodka. Still seeing slow die-off of the algae. I'm increasing vodka by .1ml per week and continuing to dose one full capful of mb7 after a water change, plus one drop daily. Still not really seeing a color difference that I can tell.

I started with them originally. They are expensive and I started to see more and more on the MB7 so I gave it a try. After about 3 months went back to the Prodibio as I was not getting the same results with th Mb7 in water clarity, glass cleanliness, and polyp extension.

That said I use the Prodibio Nano pack which includes more that just the bacteria so that has some bearing too I am sure.

Yup, remember that my tank only have about 20 gallons of water anyway, with displacement of the rocks, sand, coral, skimmer, heater, etc. etc. and the fact that when the tank was empty it only took about 26.5 gallons to fill it not the advertised 29 gallons.

And remember that there is a buildup of this bacteria over time dependent on the amount of nutrient available to it. (read carbon dosing and my practice of fairly heavy feeding)

Deleted User 6

Right - I'm just wondering at this point, since I have about 55g of water volume total in my system, if I should look into a full dosage instead. But that's for farther down the road than now.

Yeah, you may be better served going with the bacteria portion of the Prodibio products only and some Brightwell Coral Amino.

Or if you end up happy with the results from the MB7 well then...........................

Honestly D, in your position I'd stick to vodka/combined source with MB7 and then bring in another kind of amino - I've used a few over the years but the ZEOvit one (Amino Acid High Concentration) seemed to have the most resounding effect with as few side effects and lowest dose of all I used. Plus, you guys seem to be able to get it infinitely cheaper than we can over here...

Feed a few varieties of "food" (AAs, etc), your coral will thank you for it :)

hey guys I was wondering about how the vodka dosing would effect clams. I doubt that there would be any thing negative, atleast no more so than with anything else. but more in line with, could it be beneficial. by aiding greater nutritional value to the water.

I guess one thing to take away from it all is that when you're under low nutrient conditions such as these you're offsetting with feeding anyway, so the lower nutrient levels shouldn't negatively impact Tridacnids.

Archived