Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Solana XL - 60 and 67 Gallons

TriggerHappyDude

TriggerHappyDude
Getting a kick out of the mystery. Reminds me of DVX User forum when the new Panasonic was coming out. A month of mystery stirred a lot of ire for sure. In any case thought I would use it has op to say hey to Trigger as I followed your Solana build and am about to start posting up mine. Got one used for 450 with a lot of stuff and really kickin' rock. Would love to throw down on the 60 but one step at a time plus for the money...hmmm, guess we'll see when the mystery is solved...where's Nancy Drew when when you need her...lol.

Cool Reefrider, let me know your build thread, I want to see! I love to follow all Solana tanks.

I'm still waiting to swap out my tank for the starphire version, I think it will arrive next week?

My rock has been curing out in the garage in a brute trashcan. I'm so ready to get it going!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I need it spelled out for me cause I don't get the principal, sorry. But I will drop it and just wait.

Was A.G.E. there with any new tanks? I heard rumor they might have a small tank line out?

A.G.E. ?? Perhaps, who/what is A.G.E though?

TriggerHappyDude
A.G.E. ?? Perhaps, who/what is A.G.E though?

Acrylic and Glass Exhibits...only the best custom aquarium manufacturer in the USA, IMHO.

They are the ones who design them with Starphire glass, PVC bottom, black silicon, and to your specs...

http://www.acrylicandglassexhibits.com/

s30.jpg

TriggerHappyDude

I didn't think AGE would be there, they are probably over their heads in tank orders...trying to keep up with demand.

I didn't think AGE would be there, they are probably over their heads in tank orders...trying to keep up with demand.

Perhaps, but so is Lee-Mar. Also depends on where they are bassed, Lee-Mar is in So Cali, I'm not sure where A.G.E. is based out of. That bowed tank is really sweet looking though! B)

TriggerHappyDude

AGE is based out of Austin, Texas.

You should see some of the large AGE tank build threads over on Reef Central, some are pretty amazing.

To me, its the PVC bottoms they use that make their builds unique. I love the Starphire, black silicon, and PVC bottoms.

They will build my next tank, when I graduate from Solana and Nano-Reefing.

• 2 weeks later...
FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Don't know if anyone noticed but MarineDepot now have both available $2099.00 for the 60 and $2399.00 for the 67. I love the tanks but that's a big price tag and to me it just seems you can get something so much more for the same or even cheaper. To me its not really a AIO and with a price like that they should of thru in a protein skimmer or a small chiller but whatever to each his own. I got to say though it is a sweet tank and if I had the extra money I'd probably get one for the hell of it. :P

Cool Reefrider, let me know your build thread, I want to see! I love to follow all Solana tanks.

I'm still waiting to swap out my tank for the starphire version, I think it will arrive next week?

My rock has been curing out in the garage in a brute trashcan. I'm so ready to get it going!

I wish I could buy the new solana a piece at a time, I would definitely gone with the 60. Anywat, I just ordered the regular glass solana 34. I didn't know a starphire version was available. where did you get it?

TriggerHappyDude
I wish I could buy the new solana a piece at a time, I would definitely gone with the 60. Anywat, I just ordered the regular glass solana 34. I didn't know a starphire version was available. where did you get it?

I got mine from a Current-USA employee for some work I did for them, I think they had an extra one available from a previous lot of them, they did a short test market run of them. So I don't think any are available at this time.

I heard only a couple to few dozen were made... The XL60 I know of the person that has one, said it's Starfire glass as well. I dunno if that too is limited, built to order or all will be like that. The cost isn't actually that much more, that was the case with the 34g's anyways. I dunno though, to me the XL60 just didn't semm really much bigger than a normal Solana 34g... =/

TriggerHappyDude

I think the 34 gallon "starphire" or "clear glass" version are going to start being produced full time now, their limited quantiy did well enough to make them want to make more, this is my guess.

• 10 months later...
TriggerHappyDude

I have not seen anything, but I know a couple of our Solana owners who were upgraded to one or got one...would have to search for them...

I have not seen anything, but I know a couple of our Solana owners who were upgraded to one or got one...would have to search for them...

thanks, just curious as I never really hear anything about them

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I went to the LFS today to ask them about the pricing on the 60XL and they said that they can no longer get them. The tank is still on the site, but are they discontinuing it or something? I have seen them on marinedepot and other sites, but I can't find a price for just the tank. I want to build the rest.

Archived