Innovative Marine Aquariums

Solana XL - 60 and 67 Gallons

TriggerHappyDude

Brian Crook
It just sounded funny, like Red Sea Max is the inventor of 60 gallon AIO tanks, like they are GODs of aquariums and just because they happened to make some bigger tanks, everyone else is copying them...it just sounded funny and maybe I took it wrong, sorry. Maybe they are the first to market with a 60 gallon, but I assure you that ELOS, Oceanic, Current-USA, and others are not following them...its good competition but the way you put it just made it sound funny.

You can have your opinion that the others are copying them, fine, but I disagree. No big deal.

Its good to see them all coming up with solutions for us the consumers...I wished some of the custom tank makers would be competitive too.

+1

Great looking tanks, I'd still rather do it all myself at that size/price point though.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TriggerHappyDude
So I can get 10 tangs for the 67 right?

Yes, and probably 9 Triggers too.

+1

Great looking tanks, I'd still rather do it all myself at that size/price point though.

Yeah I started to get mad, since I just bought a 34 gallon Solana to learn reef with...and wished I had the 60, but I'm now over it, and I'd still like the 60 in the 34's place, my next tank will be a custom over 100 gallons.

TriggerHappyDude

If someone speaks to their LFS anytime soon, please ask about these tanks, they should be able to get a price by now...so I'm told.

I really like the 67. I wanted an Elos as my next tank, but this might do especailly since I'm sure it'll be at a much lower price point.

TriggerHappyDude
I really like the 67. I wanted an Elos as my next tank, but this might do especailly since I'm sure it'll be at a much lower price point.

True, but I love the ELOS design and style, so modern, not fond of this 67 XL's 3 stand look...if you can afford an ELOS, you are doing well and should be a proud owner!

just tried calling Current but their operating system sucks so I couldn't even talk to someone about the prices. I'll probably try again in a bit and go through another option....

TriggerHappyDude
just tried calling Current but their operating system sucks so I couldn't even talk to someone about the prices. I'll probably try again in a bit and go through another option....

Try one of your LFS's who has a distributor to Current-USA, and have them ask them.

It just sounded funny, like Red Sea Max is the inventor of 60 gallon AIO tanks, like they are GODs of aquariums and just because they happened to make some bigger tanks, everyone else is copying them...it just sounded funny and maybe I took it wrong, sorry. Maybe they are the first to market with a 60 gallon, but I assure you that ELOS, Oceanic, Current-USA, and others are not following them...its good competition but the way you put it just made it sound funny.

You can have your opinion that the others are copying them, fine, but I disagree. No big deal.

Its good to see them all coming up with solutions for us the consumers...I wished some of the custom tank makers would be competitive too.

Yeah now that I read it again it sounded like i was bashing them saying red sea did it first

althought if you think about it the ELOS isnt really an all in one since it has a filter underneath hence making it more of a ready to go tank as opposed to an all in one

Yeah now that I read it again it sounded like i was bashing them saying red sea did it first

althought if you think about it the ELOS isnt really an all in one since it has a filter underneath hence making it more of a ready to go tank as opposed to an all in one

both these new SOLANA's have the filtration underneath also (so not AIO)...i have a 34g solana and love it...but the ELOS is my next move kinda' like buying a Mac vs. a PC...

p.s. the RSM is not an attractive/modern looking tank at all (IMO) should not be placed in same category as there sleek and rimless counter parts...kinda like comparing a Saturn to Lexus... :D ...honk honk...

TriggerHappyDude

Wait, so AIO to you all means filtration is in the back and NOT underneath, thats what AIO means to you?

Why is that the distinction?

TriggerHappyDude
Boy I'd sure like to know the price of that cube!!! :bling:

I've heard $2000. Not confirmed though.

I agree these new solana's ARE NOT all in one's since the filtration is underneath hence making it not all in one in the tank

whats the difference between this and a 65 gallon pre drilled with a wet dry underneath????? nothing at all as far as im concerned this is another predrilled tank that just so happens to be rimless

wouldnt you agree that all in one means all built into one unit NOT having filtration under the tank

fow what its worth i dont consider the elos an all in one tank either because if it is every predrilled tank would be considered all in one if thats the case

I've heard $2000. Not confirmed though.

I talked to a friend who just started up his own LFS and he said around $1700. Its still a lil early because I think stores may just be taking pre-orders.

I talked to a friend who just started up his own LFS and he said around $1700. Its still a lil early because I think stores may just be taking pre-orders.

Any more news on prices for these?

HA my LFS guy didn't even know they are coming out.... Good thing his customer informs him of the new stuff thats coming out! :D

TriggerHappyDude

Well, again, I think its going to be a limited release, as kind of a test, to send out feelers on how well they sell or are asked for, etc...to give Current-USA an idea of what the demand will be. I doubt they want to go and make millions of dollars of tanks, in this economy, that might just sit there in the warehouse or distributors or LFS's, if no one's buying them. So my information says it will be limited for now...if you really want one, you just have to ask the LFS to contact the distributor who can ask Current-USA to get you one...I'm sure.

TriggerHappyDude
Any more news on prices for these?

I think the prices will vary a great deal, but for the 60XL you are looking at anywhere from $1700-$2000, with all the equipment and freight charges.

The 67XL is going to range from $2300-$2500, similar equipment and freight.

These are not confirmed, again, I was told it would vary, so the LFS's could get and give a better deal.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I think the prices will vary a great deal, but for the 60XL you are looking at anywhere from $1700-$2000, with all the equipment and freight charges.

The 67XL is going to range from $2300-$2500, similar equipment and freight.

These are not confirmed, again, I was told it would vary, so the LFS's could get and give a better deal.

My local dealer where I purchased my Solana from quoted me $2100-$2300 for the complete setup (the 60)... tank, stand, sump, and 250 HQI SunPod. He said this was the only way to purchase right now (i.e. you can't just buy the tank, or the stand). He said they should be in stock/available to order in 3 weeks.

My 2 cents... Current is smoking crack if this price holds true.

TriggerHappyDude

I agree its a little steep for me, that kind of money I could get something I really want, ELOS, AGE etc...maybe not with all the equipment, but close?

Archived