ReefCleaners.org

Solana XL - 60 and 67 Gallons

TriggerHappyDude

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get it so we can see you set it up! I wanna see one of these bad boys.

I'm kinda hoping that they'll break up the set and maybe sell the tank alone. I like the 60 gal cube but my new tank fund is looking a little slim these days. I also heard that the ATO and skimmer are crap on the solana 34 don't know this for sure but it's the impression i've got from people. Hopefully they've improved on the XL.

I'll have the big cube eventually though.

TriggerHappyDude

How would anyone know for sure if the ATO and Sump are crap, they haven't seen it in person yet, its not in stores, its pre-orders right now...its amazing the things people will say online.

How would anyone know for sure if the ATO and Sump are crap, they haven't seen it in person yet, its not in stores, its pre-orders right now...its amazing the things people will say online.

I totally agree. When I got into the hobby I heard so much conflicting and inaccurate info that I had to (and still do) figure out alot on my own. Anyway, I think it's a problem that they have with the capacity of the ATO bottles, 36oz if I remember right, on the new 60. Anyway, I think it's an attractive tank and plan to get one. I'm starting to outgrow the BC14.

here fishy fishy

When I looked at the Solana that was set up in LFS, I laughed at the ATO. I'd be filling those bottles every day, which makes the ato pointless for me. Maybe if you run the tank with the lid on...

TriggerHappyDude
When I looked at the Solana that was set up in LFS, I laughed at the ATO. I'd be filling those bottles every day, which makes the ato pointless for me. Maybe if you run the tank with the lid on...

You are probably talking about the Solana 34 gallon, the new, yet to be released or arrive in stores yet, is a 60 and 67 gallon tank, and the ATO bottles are a lot bigger than the 34 gallon's bottles. Its still not a perfect answer for ATO, but its not as laughable as the original ones. They saw that most of us 34 gallon owners didn't like those two little bottles, and added a lot bigger ones.

TriggerHappyDude
The retail Price of the tank is $2600 for the 60, the 67G is $3200 approximately.

Ouchy. Wow. Thats almost getting me my Canon 5D Mark II camera!

Paleoreef103
The retail Price of the tank is $2600 for the 60, the 67G is $3200 approximately.

For that kinda cash these things better be the best complete systems ever. With self cleaning walls and a SERIOUS protein skimmer. Seriously...

For that kinda cash these things better be the best complete systems ever. With self cleaning walls and a SERIOUS protein skimmer. Seriously...

No protein skimmer included with the XL 60 setup.

Oh yes I can. ;) I'm not at liberty to say who or if they are even on NR for that matter, because you know they might not be. All I'll say is you'll be hearing more about it soon!

TriggerHappyDude
Oh yes I can. ;) I'm not at liberty to say who or if they are even on NR for that matter, because you know they might not be. All I'll say is you'll be hearing more about it soon!

I don't get the big secret?

I don't get the big secret?

Nope, sorry. I can tell you it's NOT me that has it though, I wish I could because it's a really nice tank! Starfire glass too!! :o

TriggerHappyDude

I still don't understand what the big secret is about? The tanks are out for sale now, there's no reason to be so hush hush...?

:rant:

TriggerHappyDude
custom drilled fluval osaka 84 gallon > solana xl

Yep thats good math, 84 gallons is greater than 60 or 67 gallons.

Archived