SaltCritters.com

Solana XL - 60 and 67 Gallons

TriggerHappyDude

No I mean overall tank. Solanas are nice, I was just stating my dream tank. Its only 1g for the 84 gallon osaka so if you DIY you can mod the hell out of it for another grand and have a better system IMO. just an opinion.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TriggerHappyDude

Ok thats cool, your opinion. I don't like the rounded edges or the looks of those tanks. I prefer the Solana rimless, squares, polished edges etc...IMO...better, as far as the tank goes.

hmm, I agree on the edges.... I think the rounded glass is eh but I love the rest of the tank... I love rimless but I love the silver top on the osaka... either way if I spend 2k on a tank thats not a triple digit volume its gonna be dope no matter which one I pick.

TriggerHappyDude

I'll take a 135 gallon, custom built A.G.E 36x36x24 starphire glass, pvc bottom, polished edges, black silicon tank over an ELOS...and do what Kraylen suggested, mod it to the tee...PIMP that tank.

fastandsneaky

lol...thats up and beyond all the tanks...but the elos 70 isn't that much more than the 60 though you dont get a light.

Holy shiza!!! That looks awesome! Wonder how much it costs. Might have to upgrade :)

after checking my store's wholesaler website, this setup would retail for approximately $3,000-4,000, depending on the LFS you bought it from. i can set up a 75 gallon with similar lighting, better filter and live rock for less than that!

fastandsneaky

That really is a sick deal. Maybe cuz its first generations, there might be minor adjustments, but what could go wrong?

fastandsneaky

If someone who has the either of systems would chime in, I'd more tempted to hear their perspectives cuz that is such a good deal.

I still don't understand what the big secret is about? The tanks are out for sale now, there's no reason to be so hush hush...?

:rant:

Out or pre-sale? Big differance. I still can't say out of respect of the person that has it. Not hush-hush, just respect. Gotta be able to understand that! <_<

fastandsneaky

Did you see it? Did you like it? You CA people are so lucky, but hey you missed out on snow in April in Chicago. MUAHA.

TriggerHappyDude
Out or pre-sale? Big differance. I still can't say out of respect of the person that has it. Not hush-hush, just respect. Gotta be able to understand that! <_<

They are "out for sale"...I can add one to my cart and pay for it now if I wanted...it would ship for free this month and I'd be happy to tell the world I owned one. This is getting kind of silly. Respect for what? That he/she might have got one before anyone else? Ok, I respect that, I'm glad they were lucky and got a head start, but the tanks are for sale now, so its not a big deal anymore. Why can't we share a silly name?

http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchant.mvc?...Product_Count=5

Solana XL

This is a great deal on this aquarium system and the pricing of $1999.00 for the Solana XL 60 is only good for the month of April 2009. This includes Free Shipping* to anywhere in the 48 connecting states in the USA. Limited quantities available. Limit 1 per customer.

You still aren't getting principal of the matter. Oh well..

In any event, Fastandsneaky, I got snow at my house back one night in december. I definitely didn't miss having to dig myself out of my house, lol! :P But yes we DID get to see the tank, and it's NICE! I did see kinda better tanks there though that will be released in the next few months. Baller status compared to the Solana XL IMO... It's the 57g Oceanic Illuminati series tank. THICK beveled glass, predrilled for sump and the tank itself will only be $400!! Not bad at all for a 57g glass tank of it's quality. One of the LFSs here in So Cali got to take it after the show, it's currently the only one in existance till they go into production shortly here.

TriggerHappyDude
You still aren't getting principal of the matter. Oh well..

In any event, Fastandsneaky, I got snow at my house back one night in december. I definitely didn't miss having to dig myself out of my house, lol! :P But yes we DID get to see the tank, and it's NICE! I did see kinda better tanks there though that will be released in the next few months. Baller status compared to the Solana XL IMO... It's the 57g Oceanic Illuminati series tank. THICK beveled glass, predrilled for sump and the tank itself will only be $400!! Not bad at all for a 57g glass tank of it's quality. One of the LFSs here in So Cali got to take it after the show, it's currently the only one in existance till they go into production shortly here.

Maybe I need it spelled out for me cause I don't get the principal, sorry. But I will drop it and just wait.

Was A.G.E. there with any new tanks? I heard rumor they might have a small tank line out?

Getting a kick out of the mystery. Reminds me of DVX User forum when the new Panasonic was coming out. A month of mystery stirred a lot of ire for sure. In any case thought I would use it has op to say hey to Trigger as I followed your Solana build and am about to start posting up mine. Got one used for 450 with a lot of stuff and really kickin' rock. Would love to throw down on the 60 but one step at a time plus for the money...hmmm, guess we'll see when the mystery is solved...where's Nancy Drew when when you need her...lol.

Archived