Pod Your Reef

Solana XL - 60 and 67 Gallons

TriggerHappyDude

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a yahoo search and it didn't pull up anything. Must be a new product that must be still in production.

Looks like they are playing catch up to the Red Sea Max 66 gallon.

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/250Temp...X_specs250.html

I like the open top better than the closed on the Red Sea but I have had a horrible time with Current.

48 inch T-5 started to go out just after a year.

2 24 Gallon Aqua Pods both fans wnet out and made a loud hum.

24 inch PC is the only 1 that works. We are using that over the Mantis tank.

25% success rate. I called customer service and they wouldn't do anything for me. Yea I know it was after the 1 year warranty but 1/4 working. I would have thought a good customer service would have taken care of me. Oh well. All but 1 are "Current"ly in the trash. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I havent seen one in person but when the cardiff came out last summer i was talking the the current rep and he was talking about these. I am pretty sure that they will be at the Marine Aquarium Expo 2009 in Garden Grove, CA on April 4 and 5.

I havent seen one in person but when the cardiff came out last summer i was talking the the current rep and he was talking about these. I am pretty sure that they will be at the Marine Aquarium Expo 2009 in Garden Grove, CA on April 4 and 5.

I too am guessing this will be on display at MAX this year...

are you going? I'll be down there on Business and me and two other reefers off RC are going

Ahh, cool cool. Yeah I'll be there working at the SCNRS booth. Come visit us. B)

Anyone know a price on the 60G cube?

lets do the math...34g solana retails for like $750 w light and stand...this one is almost double the size so i would guess double the price...lol...$1500... :D

at what capacity does a tank no longer qualify as a nano?

VERY NICE...

and my Solana is just more than cycled...

Will have to wait at least a few months, until the initial rush is over,, once the supply balances out the demand... then you hit the "Buy It Now" button !

Who will get the first "New Solana XL" build thread..

CHEERS! :happydance:

Jared

Just when you think you're going to have to custom build a ~55-65 gallon cube....BLAM! Somebody get one soon so I can convince myself !

I really like how everyone is following red sea's lead with building a bigger all in one

my only problem i ever had with the solana was taht the glass just seem like if ever a rock hapened to fall that the panes would shatter and youd have all that water on the floor

hence the reason i went with the RSM

even though i liked the idea of an open top with halides

My weekly visit to my local LFS i inquired about he new Xl series. The responce was ????? they didnt know so they called Current USA got VM. Called there distiburiter And was told less than 50 were shipped to the USA and no price was set as of yet. For either XL 60 or 67 They were talking about 60 would be the most popular. cant wait to see what price point will be.

"I SEE REEF TANKS"

TriggerHappyDude
I really like how everyone is following red sea's lead with building a bigger all in one

my only problem i ever had with the solana was taht the glass just seem like if ever a rock hapened to fall that the panes would shatter and youd have all that water on the floor

hence the reason i went with the RSM

even though i liked the idea of an open top with halides

This is a funny reply...

:lol:

My weekly visit to my local LFS i inquired about he new Xl series. The responce was ????? they didnt know so they called Current USA got VM. Called there distiburiter And was told less than 50 were shipped to the USA and no price was set as of yet. For either XL 60 or 67 They were talking about 60 would be the most popular. cant wait to see what price point will be.

I was told by someone close to the product that the distributors should know some prices tomorrow and will start shipping, I think they also said they were limited availability as its a test run, to see what the interest is in the products. I'd like the 60 XL myself...bad ass.

This is a funny reply...

:lol:

I was told by someone close to the product that the distributors should know some prices tomorrow and will start shipping, I think they also said they were limited availability as its a test run, to see what the interest is in the products. I'd like the 60 XL myself...bad ass.

Why is it a funny reply?

TriggerHappyDude

It just sounded funny, like Red Sea Max is the inventor of 60 gallon AIO tanks, like they are GODs of aquariums and just because they happened to make some bigger tanks, everyone else is copying them...it just sounded funny and maybe I took it wrong, sorry. Maybe they are the first to market with a 60 gallon, but I assure you that ELOS, Oceanic, Current-USA, and others are not following them...its good competition but the way you put it just made it sound funny.

You can have your opinion that the others are copying them, fine, but I disagree. No big deal.

Its good to see them all coming up with solutions for us the consumers...I wished some of the custom tank makers would be competitive too.

Archived