Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

15g Seahorse Tank

Carinya

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seahorsejl

Wow! Congrats! The little ponies are cute. And way-to-go on being prepared, and having them eat already!

Weetabix7
One of the two babies has an orange belly from eating the baby brine shrimp.

:wub:

bubbles5_3.jpg

fry15_3.jpg

Awesome!!!

Well, the fry are pretty twitchy today despite a big water change every day so far and 2x today. Usually fry twitching is thought to be due to ammonia/nitrate or hydroids. These tanks were dry/sterile and I have a hard time believing hydroids took hold this fast.

No orange bellies today either. I'm not terribly optimistic.

Guess it's my first try...

The adult male is already courting again. Wow. ...men! ;)

Fry remain alive but questionable.

Caesar777

Wow, Dennis, you're still (or back) posting??? Good to see you around! :)

Kimberly63

Hey you got this far and thats more than I've heard of others doing! Great job and hopefully second time around will work out!

Psychosis

I turn my back on this thread for a little while and I miss all the build up to the fry? Damn it.

I'm really sorry they didn't make it. Like lani said, theres going to be a next time. Clearly, with the way your male acts. It takes an experienced and well read aquarist to keep sea horses, I applaud you.

Thanks guys. I will try it again fer sure.

...I mean, I have all the equipment now, right? :)

Thanks for the link neb. For some reason I thought that site went dormant some time ago but it looks like folks are posting. I'm partial to seahorse.org, but I will go to sygnathid & check things out.

what do you plan on doing with any fry that survive in the future, just wondering

This species doesn't have a lot of fry at once, unlike some others that give birth to 150+ at once. My goal would be to raise one or two to keep for myself. Then if they keep reproducing, fry can be shipped within the first day of life pretty successfully and some folks on seahorse.org have expressed interest in trying to raise them.

Archived