Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

15g Seahorse Tank

Carinya

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has been in the hospital tank on adult brine shrimp gutloaded with Furan-2 for almost a week now & you can hardly see where the spot was/is any more. She has to go the full 10-day treatment, then hopefully all will be well with putting her back in the display tank.

we can't all be perfect like you, wolfie. :P:wub:

besides, i grew up in cols, dad taught at osu, my entire extended family went to osu and i went to miami, where at the time there was no football program to speak of. and both of my parents are huge osu football fans. how could i NOT have been a fan? so the way i see it, i'm a pretty moderate fan, considering the influences in my life.

Paleoreef103

I love this tank, but as I speak, I am wearing my University of Wisconsin-Madison sweatshirt. You being centered in Wisconsin should realize that you are in DEEP enemy territory (I am also in enemy territory though as I go to grad school at the University of Iowa). Not as bad as if you were a Bears fan, but still.... Anyways, death to OSU, but best of luck on your sick little seahorse. Keep up the good work!

You went to J.Crew U and you're a Buckeyes fan?

You and I would have never worked out...

I guess if J.Crew is good enough for the first lady, then J.Crew U is good enough for me. Never heard that one before and it totally fits.

We can still be friends tho, right? And if I come to Cinci we could still get a Graeters & skyline?

@Pale -

I got nothin against the Badgers, unless they are playing OSU. My husband works for UW Madison, so we have some mixed loyalties.

Thanks for your wishes on the seahorse too. She's looking good.

Paleoreef103
I got nothin against the Badgers, unless they are playing OSU. My husband works for UW Madison, so we have some mixed loyalties.

I know what you mean. Everyone here hates the badgers, but I'm OK with the Hawkeyes. Glad to here the seahorse is doing well!

Keep up the good work.

The female seahorse seems 100% fine now. On seahorse.org they suggested I keep her in the hospital tank for another week or so before putting her back in the display. Kind of a bummer because I was hoping to get that 10g out of our kitchen. But whatever. Hopefully in about a week I'll have some pics of her healthy & back home again.

She seems to be all better & was returned to the display this morning. She & the male are inseparable, swimming around with their tails wrapped around each other. Even my non-aquarium-loving husband thinks it is cute. :wub:

She seems to be all better & was returned to the display this morning. She & the male are inseparable, swimming around with their tails wrapped around each other. Even my non-aquarium-loving husband thinks it is cute. :wub:

Awww, I love that!

Isn't it awesome when it works?

I am impressed with what a good job you're doing on this.

I tried seahorses many years ago, in the mid '90's.

I researched everything I could find on them (there wasn't as much info available then as now) and tried really hard to take good care of them.

Still ended up losing several, which killed me.

I'm sure part of that was due to the fact that they were still wild-collected at the time, and none of the seahorses I got were captive bred.

I still remember the large Cream colored male with Pink markings (yes, PINK!) that I tried to "rescue" from a nasty LFS. He didn't make it. :(

My best success was with a beautiful small fiery orange female, she did well for a while.

As a result of my own experiences, I have enormous respect for anyone that is able to successfully keep seahorses long-term.

Thanks Weetie. :blush:

I think I have a ways to go until I have these "long term" but I'm definitely going to try!

Can't imagine trying this with wild-caught like you did. That'd be incredibly difficult. I bet you about killed yourself trying to save yours.

I am really thankful for all the CB sources, which means the horses are eating frozen readily plus disease-free (as much as possible, anyway). There's a ton of help & support on seahorse.org too. They and the breeder/seller really helped me with medicating. I don't feel quite out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful.

They've been dancing around each other, so I've been paying extra attention. I just looked over & they were joined up, moving downward through the water column. Wow. Very cool.

inorite? :happy::o

Two weeks or so until the babies, I guess.

This species of fry hitches on birth, so that's in my favor. But I have some work to do getting things set for their arrival. I'm not sure I'll be successful with the fry, but I'm going to try!

Archived