Coral Vue Hydros

Lani's 40 Breeder

Lalani

What happened to the blue paint? I'm sure there's something about it somewhare but I don't want to go through all 110 pages.

Ah, just wanted to try something different and see what it looked like without the paint. Still haven't gotten around to scraping the paint behind the HOB filters, whoops!

Good luck on the red death.

The turbos are steadily chomping at it! :happy:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, just wanted to try something different and see what it looked like without the paint. Still haven't gotten around to scraping the paint behind the HOB filters, whoops!

How do you like it without the background painted? It doesn't look too bad, seems like alot more people aren't using backgrounds these days.

I like it better without the background! Except where the HOB filters are hanging, but that's not a big deal. The clear back makes the tank feel deeper, imo, and brighter. I'm liking it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dear Kim,

Updates pls. Also, Merry Christmas ma'am. :flower:

Love,

The Professor.

Hey Bennybear, sorry didn't see your post! Not much to update. Waiting for the turbo snails to finish cleaning up the red fluffy algae before I do anything else with the tank. They've eating maybe 1/2 of the algae, so we're doing good!

Great pics as always Kim.

Is your 100mm an IS lens?

Thanks Brett! :)

Nah, it's the non-IS lens. IS just isn't worth the money for me. I have one lens with it and never use it.

Thanks Kim! That is exactly what I was wondering as I want a macro lens but I don't want to pay for the IS if I am not going to use it.

Do you get those incredible macro shots without a tri-pod?

A few of them are taken with a tripod but the majority are hand held. You can train yourself to control your muscles while shooting to where you have minimal shaking, but every once in a while you just need that tripod or an external flash.

A few of them are taken with a tripod but the majority are hand held. You can train yourself to control your muscles while shooting to where you have minimal shaking, but every once in a while you just need that tripod or an external flash.

Thanks! That is helpful. Now I will try to take pictures half as nice as yours!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Any updates?

Yup! I'm moving soon... maybe much sooner than I planned, so everything is getting torn down.

Never fear though, everything from this tank and the 20H will be somehow combined into a new drilled 40br with a sump. (yeah yeah, I know - Directed to all those who told me to drill it in the beginning)

I've got my work cut out for me......

Yup! I'm moving soon... maybe much sooner than I planned, so everything is getting torn down.
:(

Never fear though, everything from this tank and the 20H will be somehow combined into a new drilled 40br with a sump. (yeah yeah, I know - Directed to all those who told me to drill it in the beginning)
Sounds exciting! :)

Archived