inTank Media Baskets

Lani's 40 Breeder

Lalani

Happy Holidays to you my friend!

...yes, my threads are rather dusty too -_-

Actually the yellows thinned out some- rather surprised me, but I have some in all three tanks so I think all in all I'm covered ;) There's no telling how many got tossed over the years :P

The little yellow "Fiji that could" is still with me too! One of my favorites.

Don't mind us Kim- We'll just 'jack your thread like years gone by :lol:

Lani's pink yuma disappeared on me some months back :angry:

Hi jack continues. Need to boost Lani's thread post count :)

I finally killed all of my yellow polyps :). Maybe some day I'll get a cutting off that Fiji.

I need to setup a QT tank again for fish and SPS and get softies going in it.

Happy holidays to you too! Oh and Lani as well :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
No worries, man, you know I don't mind a good jacking. :huh::lol:

:o:lol:

Sorry you lost the pinky, I still have the big mama but she hasn't been making babies like she used too... Or she is but they are hiding from me. :unsure:

Hopefully the ol' girl starts putting out again one day soon. :happy:

Hi jack continues. Need to boost Lani's thread post count :)

I finally killed all of my yellow polyps :).

I can send you both some yellows one day! : waits to hear loud and hearty chuckles : :P

Maybe some day I'll get a cutting off that Fiji.

I need to setup a QT tank again for fish and SPS and get softies going in it.

Well if anyone is entitled to a frag it's you lol. Wimby has asked about one also and she is just about to a size that I'd feel comfortable taking a slice. ( of the Fiji...not Wimby lol ) Perhaps I could make them both at the same time. Keep in touch when that softie tank gets up and running. :)

Happy holidays to you too! Oh and Lani as well :)

You too, Brett! :)

I can send you both some yellows one day! : waits to hear loud and hearty chuckles : :P

Lol, I think I'll pass. :P

Oh and good news, that rat-bastard urchin died! ...... Of natural causes, so don't anybody yell at me.

LOL :lol::lol:

I remember buying them as one of my first corals ever. They were awesome at the time :) They are still neat if they stay contained and even turn bright yellow under high lighting. :P

• 1 month later...

So I've finally decided what I'm going to do! I built a new tank stand/game and dvd storage unit that will hold two 10gal tanks side by side. One will be sw and the other planted fw. So I'm going to get the 10gal cycled and then start picking out the few select corals I want to keep, along with the last two onyx clownfish juvies, royal gramma, and possibly the lone masked goby. The rest of the corals in the 40br will be sent to a new home, where hopefully the new owner won't eat them (youknowhamean). I'll get some new pics up soon.

So here are the new tanks and stand:

IMG_9836.jpg

Left-planted fw, Right-sw

Guess I need to start another tank thread. :unsure:

Thats going to be really cool lani.ive always wanted to do something similar..

Thanky, I did the same thing with two 2.5gal minibows before and liked it so I've been wanting to do a larger version since then. :)

order a pico aquarium tank. can you please own tanks as cute as yourself and not this hot mess?

Nah, I like the oddballs. :P

^

That is awesome! I'm doing something just like that. I have my 12g reef on the left and my 3g fw planted picotope on the right, with my laptop in the middle, on my desk. I love the contrast between the two so much.

I'll be following your new thread :)

• 1 month later...

Gonna miss this thread. You were one of my inspiration to start one. I still have your baby Yuma it is a slow grower but it have made from a dime size to half a dollar size.

How do you like your tek over your 40b. Hype recommended me this fixture because of better price and 6 bulb instead of ati power module 4 x 39. any tip?

Thank you so much. :)

And yes, the yumas are slow growers!

The 6-bulb tek was too much light for my softies, the 4-bulb being more suitable. It all depends on what coral you're keeping!

Still haven't gotten around to doing the transfer. Have final exams next week, then three weeks off so I'll try to get it done during that break. I'll have pics when it all happens.

• 2 weeks later...
TheKingInYellow

Any new pics? Any excitement?

Damn the schoolins make with the reefins!

Archived