SaltCritters.com

Lani's 40 Breeder

Lalani

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

neb - I use a Canon 100mm macro lens, usually hand held. The distance depends on how close of a shot I want to take. :)

HI DT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

:flower: :flower: :flower:

Thanks Lani.. I just a T1i and I have to relearn a lot of the manual stuff I used to do with the old 35mm film cameras. LOL.. I am having fun with it though.

animalmaster6
Animal - Do I plan on it? No. Will it happen? Probably!

:lol:

Forgot to say that tank looks great!!

Nebthet- The T1i is incredible, you'll love it!

• 2 weeks later...

3.1 volts of electricity constantly running through a tank can't be good for the inhabitants.... right?

Grounding probe has been ordered.

Whoops. :unsure:

Eh, I dunno. We used my mom's meter and she's the expert on that junk.

And yeah, but that was the tank getting a quick jolt from a lunar light falling in last year.

Up until recently I had like 7.6v/0.18A running through my pico, turns out my heater was faulty. I'd wondered why I'd walk out of my room at night and the LEDs were on... turns out the current was running up the walls of the tank, forming a current bridge across some salt creep and bridging to the heatsink... :huh: amusing but scary at the same time...

Any idea what it could be?

Well, we tested the water while unplugging each electrical item and determined three things were creating stray voltage: the ac70, the heater, and the koralia nano. :/

I've left all three turned off and tested again. It's staying in the millivolts. Bought a new heater and a grounding probe.

Just for kicks, we tested mom's tank too... even more stray voltage in there, around 5 volts, coming from her heater and the K1, so I ordered a grounding probe for her's too.

Sheesh!

And ya, that's scary about your stray voltage. :eek:

Oh, and:

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

Unusual that an AC70 or a Koralia would be causing it, they're both pretty heavily potted :huh: hmm. Heaters I find do it a lot, they're a right pain in the arse. I was gonna buy a Schego for it but they didn't do one small enough...

How'd you even think to check for voltage leaks? :huh:

damm! your making me want to test my tanks :scarry::o:lol:

Do eet!

Unusual that an AC70 or a Koralia would be causing it, they're both pretty heavily potted :huh: hmm. Heaters I find do it a lot, they're a right pain in the arse. I was gonna buy a Schego for it but they didn't do one small enough...

How'd you even think to check for voltage leaks? :huh:

Umm, we had some trouble with our air conditioning unit not working the other day and my mom had one of her meters out testing the breakers. We found that two big wires (exposed) that had been left sticking out near the box from when we moved the hottub were still live... :eek:

So when I was looking at the tank and kinda sad that my magicians palys were all closed, and the frogspawn and hammer have both lost heads, and my zoas haven't been spreading, etc., I thought about all the people who suggested I might have stray voltage. Asked mom to help me test and it voila! I shoulda listened to you guys sooner. :flower:

squirrelieygrrrl

hey lani!

long time no see. went back about 10 pages. lovely as always. ur photography skills are spectacular and definitely an inspiration to figure out how the heck to use my camera. lol. hope you can get the kinks worked out with the system.

Umm, we had some trouble with our air conditioning unit not working the other day and my mom had one of her meters out testing the breakers. We found that two big wires (exposed) that had been left sticking out near the box from when we moved the hottub were still live... :eek:

So when I was looking at the tank and kinda sad that my magicians palys were all closed, and the frogspawn and hammer have both lost heads, and my zoas haven't been spreading, etc., I thought about all the people who suggested I might have stray voltage. Asked mom to help me test and it voila! I shoulda listened to you guys sooner. :flower:

That's crazy about the hot tub... :eek: that's just downright dangerous! Also, you must always listen to the peanut gallery for answers!

Electricity. :unsure:

Nothing really. Every once in a while a pellet might fall on big mama, but I only target feed maybe once every 3 or 4 months. They're getting bigger. :happy::flower:

Oh Chrissy, now you're just twisting the knife in deeper.
Think of it as a nice underhanded reminder every time I look at my reef at what I could've had... :lol:

Ya! PM your address. :D
Really? :wub:
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed a grounding probe... and will soon order a reactor and some GFO to try and get rid of the red fluffy algae. Hopefully things will pick up again in the tank soon.

Installed a grounding probe... and will soon order a reactor and some GFO to try and get rid of the red fluffy algae. Hopefully things will pick up again in the tank soon.

fingerscrossed:flower:

Archived