inTank Media Baskets

Nick's 40 Breeder

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef
Nick go to Dubouis Park..in the tidepool in the back and to the left I caught a ton of blue legs by the rock wall :P

post up dem pix!...I need snails..I only saw the black footed snails that climb outta the tank <_<

I didn't go to dubois, I went by Macarther Beach State Park. Just north of the park entrance there's culvert and tons of fish are stacked up there so i go fishing there alot, plus there's a big grass flat and the snails are all over. I guess i'll just get them from Rob, there 50 cents a piece so for the amount I need it's not bad. My dad also just called saying he has the day off tomorrow and we're gonna do the LFS hop down in FT. Lauderdale /Miami area! :D Gonna get some nice stuff zoanthids and LPS wise! Would get some SPS but have had some back luck lately with acros RTNing cause of high salinity.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef

Ok, just got back from the LFS..........

And, made new friends! :D

P1010612-2.jpg

A pair of SI True Percs! I'll have more pics once they're done acclimating! :)

Nick's Reef
new tanks are fun! cool foam wall too, btw.

Thanks glenn! I love new tanks, it's fun to pick out all the equipment, then start stocking it. With my ap24 I have no room left, well I do but I wanted my acros to have room to grow, so I couldn't buy anything more, now I have a whole lotta room for stuff.

Nick's Reef

FTS 3/2/09

P1010619-1.jpg

Sump Setup

P1010618-1.jpg

I have a filter sock I had my grandma sew together on the elbow for the drain to control micro bubbles, a stealth 200w heater, and a catalina aquatics ca2200 return rated at 800gph. It's not the greatest pump but I had it lying around and my dad uses the same thing, they;re pretty reliable, cheap, and rdon't run hot like a mag drive.

Clowns In The tank:

P1010614-2.jpg

A little blurry, they just keep wiggling around in that corner. I tried feeding them NLS pellets but they'd suck them up and spit them oput repeadiatly 8until the current swept the food away, the snails got a nice snack out of them. I'm going to try again tomorrow, they seem interested enough, maybe they just weren't hungry.

Wow, I REALLY love that foam/rock wall, I think it's one of the best I've ever seen done.

Congrats on the new guys! :happy:

masterbuilder

Really nice Nick. Those clowns look so lonely in there....they need about a grands worth of coral to keep them company. :)

Nick's Reef
Wow, I REALLY love that foam/rock wall, I think it's one of the best I've ever seen done.

Congrats on the new guys! :happy:

Aww thanks weetie! :blush:

Really nice Nick. Those clowns look so lonely in there....they need about a grands worth of coral to keep them company. :)

Thanks mark, tomorrow I don't plan on blowing a ton of cash, but they'll be some coralz to keep them company. In about a month that grands worth of coal will be keeping them company along with a royal gramma and mandarin when I transfer the ap24, that will be a fun day. -_-

Great rock wall and congrats on the new Percs! Can't wait to see how the rest of your tank turns out :)

Thanks, just wait and see what I'll put in the tank once I transfer my ap24, there are some NICE pieces in there! :)

Oh snappity snap! :o

looks great Nick! I <3 the new clowns, when ya do the hop go to Nature Reef he is a sponsor on PBMAS he has great stuff and cheap $10- $25 frag tanks :D

that rock wall is da bom.

Nick's Reef
Oh snappity snap! :o

looks great Nick! I <3 the new clowns, when ya do the hop go to Nature Reef he is a sponsor on PBMAS he has great stuff and cheap $10- $25 frag tanks :D

that rock wall is da bom.

Thanks maria, will deffinatly check that place out!

Holy crap that rock wall is amazing and those clowns are awesome. Great job dude.

Thanks gerber!

Well this morning I woke up and saw only one clown, I knew exactly what had happened, I shut off the pumps and pulled off the filter sock and bingo there he was in side the filter sock. We must've jumpped into the overflow box and landed just right to get pulled down the standpipe. He looks a little freaked out but should be ok.

Nick's Reef

Well, I just got home from the stores. I got some GPE and pokerstar monti. And sadly, found my lil' male perc sucked to the overflow box dead. He seemed fine after I pulled him out of the sumop this morning just a bit pale. I guess it was to much stress, poor guy. :tears:

Funny thing is that at one of the stores i went to the lady working asked me about my tanks and I told her about the clown taking a ride down the drain pipe and she said they normally don't do well after something like that. I'm really pissed about that, gonna have to get a mate for my remaining female.

I'll post pics of the new corals when then open up.

Nick's Reef
Sucks about the fish bro... :tears:

On a positive note, the tank looks amazing!!!

I know, I was pissed when I saw him floating at the surcface twitching, when he got sucked to the overflow box i knew he was a gonner. Hopefully I can find one with as nice of coloring.

As for the compliment, thanks!

Nick's Reef

Well i just got back from a LFS I hadn't been to in awhile cause they had issues with flatworms in their coral system and all their fish had ich, their zoa frags were very cheap so I went to see what they had. All there fish were very healthy and the coral tank was spotless and flatworm free. I picked up a frag of mean greens and some zoas that resemble kedd redds. They also had three perfect little true percs but I want to fix the overflow box so they can't get in there.

I also moved all my rics and zoanthids from the ap24 into the 40brd.

My current coral list so far is:

GPE Palys

Mean Green Zoanthids

PD Palys

Powder Blue Palys

Orange Bam Bams

Kedd Redd Look-A-Like Zoanthids

Yellow Ricordea

Orange Ricordea

Blue Ricordea

Green Ricordea

Pics when everythign decideds to open up.

Nick's Reef

Here's a group shot of all the coralz cept the GPE, I have no super glue so it's floating around.

P1010623.jpg

edit: would've too idividual macros, but lost my magnifying glass.

Nick's Reef
cool, looking good Nick. That is one of the best rock wall's i've seen. time to load that bad boy up.

Thanks DT, this week all the LPS are coming over. :)

Whoa! where did ya end up going? nice selection...may need to get a frag of the mean greens later on :P

Nice selection of rics too

Nick's Reef
Whoa! where did ya end up going? nice selection...may need to get a frag of the mean greens later on :P

Nice selection of rics too

Nature Reef-Awesome place good prices, but nothing that caught my eye that I could afford

Coral Reef farm- Always try to go there when I'm in that area, was a bit dissapointed but they had nice SPS

Exotic Aquatic-sucked, their coral tanks were covered in gha, last time they were spotless

Tank a lot-sucked not much, lots of gha in the coral tanks

Coral Sea-always a great place, try to go there often got the GPE there

Unda the sea- my closest LFS besides posiden which is horrible imo, got the mean greens and kedd redds there, I was there yesterday

Everything else came outt the ap24, next purchase is a new mate 4 da lonley clown :(

Nick's Reef

Well I got a new piece of equipment up and running this afternoon, I had a Red Sea Berlin Turbo skimmer in my garage collecting dust. It needed a new pump, I replaced it and now it's doing it's thing. It's rated for I believe a 125 and skimmed the hell out of my dad's 75 so I should be able to load this puppy up with fish, which means happy acros! :)

Archived