inTank Media Baskets

Nick's 40 Breeder

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef
Way sweet RIC"S....Keep the pics coming. ;)

Thanks!

A-Pod is history!

Well I got home from school, messed around with my compound bow shooting it in my yard, that got boring and decided hell I'll transfer the ap24 now. I had added all the LPS and a red cap frag i accedentally made while doing so, it was doing great so i thought I'd go ahead and transfer the ap24 about two weeks earlier than planned, i might have rushed but the cap never looked better.

All my acros had near full PE about 30min after being added, same can be said for most other SPS, my birdsnest and caps are still angry everythign else is happy. The mandarin is roaming around looking for pods, but the royal gramma is a bit beat up from the clown, she just wouldn't leave him alone, he swam into a corner and got his head stuck behind the foam wall, i got him out without further damage by siphoning him out into a bucket. He's in a breeder net and doing fine, hopefully after awhile i can put him in without worry.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef

Well, got home, fed the fish then went nuts with the camera here's the good ones!

FTS April 9, 2009

P1010552.jpg

Clown

P1010554-1.jpg

This is probably the best pic I've ever taken!

Mean Greens

P1010555.jpg

Tyree LE Sunset Montipora

P1010557-1.jpg

Aussie Duncans

P1010560.jpg

Ric Pics

P1010561.jpg

P1010562.jpg

P1010563.jpg

P1010564.jpg

Purple Deaths

P1010565.jpg

The other polyps are closed cause I fed them.

Aquacultured Aussie Prism Favia (Tyree Dragon Soul Look-A-Like)

P1010566-1.jpg

Aussie Lord

P1010568-1.jpg

For those of you who don't know I got this as a half dead colony of 8 heads covered in majanos! I love finding dying acans and bringing the back cause they're so cheap.

Royal Gramma

P1010569-1.jpg

Let her back into the tank, clown made one charge, and the gramma made a dash for this ledge, seems to be doing fine, even ate a ton.

ORA Tricolor Valdia

P1010570.jpg

GPE

P1010571.jpg

Yuma

P1010572.jpg

Blue Leg

P1010574.jpg

Colored Down Red Planet

P1010576.jpg

Random Top Down

P1010578.jpg

Nick's Reef
Nick, bro... This tank is going to be amazing bro!!! I am very envious!!!

PICHERS ARE GREAT!!!

looking good nick! Can't wait to see how it turns out when everything starts filling in!

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll get insane growth out of my SPS with the T5's. Also going to dose brightwells reef biofuel, AA's, and microbactor. this will help the skimmer really pull gunk out and improves the corals colors while keeping the tank biologically driven.

Nick's Reef
Looks fantastic Nick! nice schtuff ya got there B)

Thanks maria, i wanna make an order with eric to get some nice LPS, I have a soft spot fo favias and acans. I want some watermelon chalice too after seeing kenny's.

Nick's Reef

Well i think the royal gramma didn't make it, I haven't seen her for 2 days and it there aren't many places it could hide out of site. On a side note, the mandarin is getting fatter everyday and I got some neat pink zoanthids, also going to get a hammer and green toadstool from lilredneckman, :)

Tanks looks great bro. Nice clean look. I need to get me some Rics, yours are nice and bright. Nice tank!

Bruce

Nick's Reef
Tanks looks great bro. Nice clean look. I need to get me some Rics, yours are nice and bright. Nice tank!

Bruce

Thanks bruce, hopefully it stays nice and clean. I think i need some more rics too. :)

Nick's Reef
checking in... :)

looking good... that'll be sweet when you get everything in place and growing... :)

Thanks marv, gonna have some fun getting my fingers stuck to croals when I get to put everything where it goes, I just hate super glue. -_-

Taggin' along... love the photos!!! :)

Aussie Duncan looks nice...

Thanks!

Great tank!

That picture of your clown is amazing, its like he is talking to the camera

Thanks, the clown comes right to the front glass when ever i look at the tank closely caus ehe knows I'm looking for the mandarin and if I see her i normally run to get the frozen brine, all he wants is food lol.

Nick's Reef
Your Aquapod shall live on!! omgomgomg

nice seeing ya again!

sorry about the gramma :(

Tell ur bro he has to start a thread, I wanna see what happens to that tank!

Nick's Reef

Today i started dosing Brightwell Aquatics Reef BIofuel, Coral Amino, an Microbacter 7

I'm dosing:

35 drops of Biofuel dialy (For med to high nutrient systems it says to dose 2x that amount but I want to start out slow so went with the ULNS dosage)

140 drops of Microbater 7 daily, will halve the dose after 2 weeks

7 drops fo the Amino Acids once a week, I used half the recomended dose as that is the maximum recomended dose.

Hopefully this will take care of my latest algae bloom. I also bleched my red planet badly by oving it maybe 3" higher up to get better flow for it and the same with my spongodes. The spongodes is a lot better off than the red planet which is nearly white with a hint of pink. It still has full PE so my hopes are high it will come back.

addicted2reefer
Nature Reef-Awesome place good prices, but nothing that caught my eye that I could afford

Coral Reef farm- Always try to go there when I'm in that area, was a bit dissapointed but they had nice SPS

Exotic Aquatic-sucked, their coral tanks were covered in gha, last time they were spotless

Tank a lot-sucked not much, lots of gha in the coral tanks

Coral Sea-always a great place, try to go there often got the GPE there

Unda the sea- my closest LFS besides posiden which is horrible imo, got the mean greens and kedd redds there, I was there yesterday

Everything else came outt the ap24, next purchase is a new mate 4 da lonley clown :(

That is an awesome wall,congrats on that.

If you ever come up to Stuart, we have two decent stores, aquatic life and aquatic world, there is more in jensen beach but from jupiter your only 15 mins away up US1.

my favorite store is that one on us1 down by you, its next to a fan shop, i forget the name. but they have good $10 frags and $15 zoa frags.and one huge ass clam! hahaha

The wall you made is so cool! Do you think it would be possible to make a mini one for a pico! that would be so cool.... I love your acans too. :)

Nick's Reef
That is an awesome wall,congrats on that.

If you ever come up to Stuart, we have two decent stores, aquatic life and aquatic world, there is more in jensen beach but from jupiter your only 15 mins away up US1.

my favorite store is that one on us1 down by you, its next to a fan shop, i forget the name. but they have good $10 frags and $15 zoa frags.and one huge ass clam! hahaha

Thanks, I actually go to both those places quite often but they haven't been that great latey. But most of my zoas are from unda the sea!

The wall you made is so cool! Do you think it would be possible to make a mini one for a pico! that would be so cool.... I love your acans too. :)

Thanks, yes you can easily make one for a pico!

Needreefunds

I finally got caught up on this thread Nick.

Tank is looking sweet, great job on the wall!

Sorry about the fish losses tho, but its good to hear the Mandy is doing better.

Following along from here.

:)

Nick's Reef
I finally got caught up on this thread Nick.

Tank is looking sweet, great job on the wall!

Sorry about the fish losses tho, but its good to hear the Mandy is doing better.

Following along from here.

:)

Thanks richie! :D

Well I got my API Reef Master Test Kit in today, my ELOS Mg kit was on backorder but shipped out last friday so should be here Wedensday since it took 3 days for my other stuff from Aquarium Specialty to get here. Anyways here's my water parameters as of right now:

Po4: undetectable

Nitrate: 0ppm

Ca+:420ppm

KH: 8

Perfect params! :) And that nast brown goopy algae doesn't like alot of flow, I'm blasting the hell out of it and cut my light cycle in half, it's going away and my SPS really like the shorter photoperiod! Still dosing the biofuel, microbater7, and aminos they seem to be kepping the phosphates and nitrates low but my skimmer hasn't gone nuts yet. Might take a few weeks it sounds like before I see a noticable difference in skimmate and coral color. Once I get my algae gone I might get another fish, staying away from corals til i get everything in place and sell the light since I'm broke.

Archived