Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nick's 40 Breeder

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef

Well I got a reply back about drilling the tank, it's normally $20 a hole but Rob will do it for $10. Going to do a two-sided overflow since they are much cheaper plus I can move the return around the tank to get better flow then.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha don't be skurred :P

I will look into getting a sunburst :) they are such cool looking fish

Great deal on the drilling, Rob is a cool dude

edit: sorry about your fishies :(

Nick's Reef

Well I just remmbered that I'll have to wait until saturday to pick up the tank because Rob will be out servicing his accounts Friday so he won't be there to drill it. My dad is set on down grading his tank to an ap24 and putting my 40 in it's place so I'll get the extra rock I need out of there and it won't be in my room then so sound from the overflow won't be a problem, also figured out the sump ordeal! :D

Nick's Reef

The Light Arrived

Here's pics, I had a bunch I took as I unpackaged it but the usb port on the camera I was using is messed up so I had to use a different camera and didn't get the same pics I had before. :angry:

36" Current USA Nova Extreme Pro

DCP_2309.jpg

DCP_2307.jpg

NEP Acintics

DCP_2298.jpg

NEP All Six Stock Bulbs

DCP_2306.jpg

My first impressions are great build quality, fans are very quiet, and puts out a hell of a lot of light!

Nick's Reef
Ya, I'm part of the club now. :happydance:

Nice tank. :P

thanks lani,

Don't think i'm going to sleep tonight, too excited about getting the tank tomorrow! :D

Nick's Reef
Dude that light is sick.

it is, i swear if they gave it true slr and icecape ballasts it would blow anything else away with good bulbs. I love it, it lights up the whole room and tuns cool as can be.

Nick's Reef
Wanna race to see who gets their tank set up first? :P

i guess, you'll probably win since I have to let the fam wall cure for a week or two. Plus my pops needs to get to work on the stand. But as soon as the foam wall is done it's gonna have water in it.

Nick's Reef
dont do it! lani will make u cry..

she already has a lot of stuff :P

I can take her, zstand should be done this weekend, picking up tank in a few hours, gotta go to a freinds house to pick up a sump to use temperaily and make the foam wall then I just need to run to the LFS to get NSW and fill it up.. I'm not mixing water anymore and now the LFS gets their NSW from a turtle rescues that filters their water after the pump it from 2mi out.

:happydance:

Kick ass new light bro!!!

Thanks david!

Nick, Go with a tall tank for the sump if you can...It will allow for more surge when the pumps are off...a 10 just can't take much overflow water...understand what I'm talking about?

My 10 gallon sump takes the overflow water just fine on my 40 gallon I have now. You need to make a small hole on the return line at the water level. Then the siphon breaks if the pumps get shut off. I agree though that a larger tank is better but not nesessarily a tall one. Im going to use a 20 long for my sump on the 40 breeder Im currently setting up.

Nick's Reef
My 10 gallon sump takes the overflow water just fine on my 40 gallon I have now. You need to make a small hole on the return line at the water level. Then the siphon breaks if the pumps get shut off. I agree though that a larger tank is better but not nesessarily a tall one. Im going to use a 20 long for my sump on the 40 breeder Im currently setting up.

I'm using a 10 until my dad tears down his 75 then using that sump which is bigger.

Nick's Reef

Well I'll have to go back and pick up the tank wedensday since he was too busy to drill it today and the silicon has to dry before I can put water in it. Over all costed $150 for the tank, overflow, standpipe, and bulkhead.

the stand is coming along great, my dad has almost all the boards cut and might go back to the LFS to make sure he cut them the right size.

Nick's Reef

Stand just needs a door and paint, then it's done.

Ps. lani, I think ur gonna win, I need to let the foam sit for a week and doing it next weekend. Might beat ya though.

I really am hoping to see a picture or ten when you are working on the foam...What kind of foam are you using?

Nick's Reef
I really am hoping to see a picture or ten when you are working on the foam...What kind of foam are you using?

I'm going to take tons, trust me! I'm using great suff gaps and cracks, the bondo polyester resin over it sprinkled with sand.

Nick's Reef

Here are a few pics of the stand so far:

DCP_2311.jpg

DCP_2312.jpg

Edit: Please excuse all the crap in the backgound, not finished yet so never cleaned it up.

Nick's Reef
The stand look nice!

whats the plan for today?

I need to build a stand... that one looks good!

Thanks guys, plan for today is sit and wait til' wedensday. Finished the stand this morning and would've posted pics earlier but was playing around with my nitro rc truck and tore up the tranny so now it won't move. :angry:

Here are pics of the finished stand:

P1010597.jpg

P1010595.jpg

P1010594.jpg

Archived