SaltCritters.com

Cam's AGA 40br reef-flat

Cam198

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome tank. You re-created the real thing perfectly...there's was one post of yours that I thought it was another pic of you diving and it was actually your tank. I really really like it. Great Job.

Awesome tank. You re-created the real thing perfectly...there's was one post of yours that I thought it was another pic of you diving and it was actually your tank. I really really like it. Great Job.

Thanks! I've worked really hard on this one and it's turning out how I wanted it to look like.

UPDATE:

My tank is even clearer than before so maybe the pics will look better, so I'll take new pics tomarrow for sure.

Well looks like my Tunze 6025 wavemaker idea won't work out since the 6025 is not compatable with a wavemaker. So I guess it's back to the drawing board, I'll have to figure something else out. :(

If any of you guys have any suggestions of a wavemaker system that costs less than $150 please let me know.

UPDATE: I pulled out a ton of rock from my NC12 and crushed it up with a hammer and chisel and put the rubble pieces in my 40br, so now the NC12 will have some room for the clown to go back in it so my 40br will be purely a caribbean species tank. Needless to say alot has changed in my 40br and I can't wait to post some pics of the new aquascape ;)

UPDATE:

I moved the Ocellaris Clownfish to the 12gal. I moved my Coral Banded Shrimp to the 40br( I accidentally broke off his big claws in the process but im sure they'll grow back). I'm gonna shoot another vid of my tank tonight showing the CB shrimp and the new aquascape.

I love this tank it probaly would look more like a a florida reef then if I made one AND I live in florida. :)

Thanks! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I got the gorgs today, they all arrived in good shape and were packaged perfectly. I got them all glued in place and they look fantastic! So here are the pics

(btw after fiddleing with my camera for 20min I got it to stop taking the pics so dim so now they're more accurate to the real colors)

PICS

IMG_6037.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6040.jpg

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

IMG_6045.jpg

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

IMG_6048.jpg\

IMG_6049.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_6052.jpg

IMG_6053.jpg

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

IMG_6056.jpg

IMG_6057.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

Cam, I love this tank and it is getting better with every post. Do you think that you will gain any water clarity here or do you keep the water cloudy with the amount of whatever food you are dosing for all the varied gorgs?

Cam, I love this tank and it is getting better with every post. Do you think that you will gain any water clarity here or do you keep the water cloudy with the amount of whatever food you are dosing for all the varied gorgs?

Ever since the Phyto died the water has been real cloudy but I just put some carbon in my sump so I think that should take care of most of the cloudiness.

It's looking really amazing, most of the times you can't tell it's not the real thing!

Thanks =)

I'm gonna work on a new Video/Movie of it when I get back from my 3 day trip to Wisconsin ;)

Great pictures man, just keeps getting better. Like I said before, this tank is the real deal.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

The new gorgs seem to be adjusting well. I've confirmed after having the lights on for a few hours today that the cloudiness has turned green, so I guess the phyto has made a come back :D So I decided to cut the lights back to 5 hours a day instead of the usual 10 for a while till I can get the phyto under control ;)

This tank is like I put a dive mask on and I am snorkeling in The Keys :D

great idea for a tank! I can't wait to get home from work to see the vids...a royal gramma, neon gobies and some jawfish would look spectacular!!

Maria

UPDATE:

While I was gone for 3 days one of my most finicky gorgs melted 2'' of tissue off of three of the branches because of a lack of turbulent flow so I repositioned the powerheads and moved it to an area of higher flow and so far it has stopped receding and should grow over the receded areas in a few weeks :) I'm gonna start on the new vid soon and hopefully have it done by monday or tuesday.

Archived