Top Shelf Aquatics

Cam's AGA 40br reef-flat

Cam198

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The light is up and running and everything looks great ;)

PICS

IMG_5421.jpg

Pic of The Nova Extreme pro 6X39W T5HO

IMG_5422.jpg

Top View of The Light

IMG_5424.jpg

Side view of The Light

I'll post some pics of the tank with the light on once I figure out how to get my camera to stop taking dim pics of it :rant:

I bought 10 dwarf red tip hermit crabs last thursday 3 days after my diatom cycle started, needless to say the diatoms are all gone :) A couple of days ago I put the macro algae from my NC12 in the 40BR and that seems to be growing already. I just bought a red tree sponge today for $45 and it seems to be settling in nicely. Tomarrow my ReefCleaners.org order should be coming also.

{{{{{{PICS}}}}}}

IMG_5472.jpg

Tree Sponge with lights on

IMG_5482.jpg

Tree Sponge with lights off and flash on the camera

IMG_5496.jpg

FTS with lights off and flash on

IMG_5504.jpg

Another FTS with lights off and flash on

IMG_5492.jpg

Left Side View with lights off and flash on

IMG_5499.jpg

Right Side View with lights off and flash on

IMG_5475.jpg

Sponge Over View with lights on

IMG_5484.jpg

Side View with lights on

Sorry for the crappy pics I owe it all to my camera :wacko: My tank is much brighter than it looks and hopefully someday I'll be able to afford a better camera :)

That looks great, i might have missed it but what are your stocking plans?

Here are my stocking plans,

My fish list consists of my mated pair of ocellaris clowns, a mated pair of yellowhead jawfish, a few bridled gobies, and a mated pair of rusty gobies.

My Inverts list (excluding the CUC inverts) consists of 3 flame scallops, ball sponges, yellow frilly sponges, various kinds of bivalves, 1 lettuce sea slug, featherdusters, and 2 sally lightfoot crabs.

That sounds like a solid plan, the fish will look very very cool. Be careful with the flame scallops I think they are hard to keep. Good luck I cant wait to see it stocked.

That sounds like a solid plan, the fish will look very very cool. Be careful with the flame scallops I think they are hard to keep. Good luck I cant wait to see it stocked.

My Reefcleaners.org shipment came today and unfortunatly all 12 florida cerith snails were dead (and boy did the bag stink!), it was missing the 2 flame algaes I ordered, my shaving brush macroalgae's tube was badly damaged, the snails were packaged in what looked like a Zip-Loc bag, all the bags were packed loosely in the box with news paper, and the macroalgaes looked pale and small. When I told the mailman (I ordered through USPS) what was in the box he said it should have been marked keep in warm storage. So needless to say I probably won't be ordering from ReefCleaners.org in the future. I apologize if I offend anyone with the reports of my shipment and I hope I can make much with what I got :( , I'll post pics tomorrow.

Did you contact johhny at reefcleaners? Im sure he will definitely take care of you, I have had nothing but good results from him. Im sure hed be interested in hearing from you.

Did you contact johhny at reefcleaners? Im sure he will definitely take care of you, I have had nothing but good results from him. Im sure hed be interested in hearing from you.

I'm Emailing him tonight, I just hope he'll refund me for the crap that died and the crap that didn't come <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE: My tree sponge unfortunately died probably due to the lack of bacteria and microorganisms in the water column. I moved my Gorgonians from my NC12 to the 40B and so far I have seen 1-2 inches of growth. I bought a large rusty gorgonian colony and a large knobby sea rod colony, both of them are doing fantastic. I brought over my Occelaris clown to the 40B, he seems to love all the swimming room and is doing great. I bought 2 large flame scallops, I have observed 1/2'' of growth on their shells. I've been making sure that the water stays nutrient rich for the scallops, gorgs, and macro algaes by adding in phytoplankton, and crushed flake food. I haven't done a waterchange in 2 months so far so good but I think in a week I'll do a water change to replenish the trace elements. I haven't put any filter material in my sump and have relied on the filter feeding inverts, gorgs, deep sandbed, and CUC for the filtration and I have observed superb results. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay on the pics, I wasn't thinking and i put some phytoplankton in there so the water's a little cloudy but I will take some pics tomarrow for sure.

More Pics

IMG_5786.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5788.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5790.jpg

IMG_5791.jpg

IMG_5794.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5798.jpg

IMG_5799.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5801.jpg

I posted a vid of the tank on YouTube and it's processing the upload and it should be done momentarily, so I'll post a link to it once it's finished. :D

AdriftQuasar

It's a wonderful tank, but the water seems fairly cloudy. What are you running to keep it clear?

The Vid finished the upload process

LINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ee8nv3xoog

It's a wonderful tank, but the water seems fairly cloudy. What are you running to keep it clear?

It's cloudy cause it has some left over phytoplankton in it, I don't run any filter media of any kind cause the macro algaes, CUC, and Gorgonians filter out everything and because of it they grow much faster.

pismo_reefer

youre tank is sooooo coool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE the reef flat concept, its freekin awesome! keep it up looks great!

:D

edit: just watched vid....you NEED a wavemaker (cycletimer is cheaper). if you had a cycletimer or wavemaker, your tank would totally pwn....jmo.

Archived