SaltCritters.com

Codeman's Box o' Reefer Madness

Codeman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your tank is growing nicely, I am in love with the digi that started with quarter sized chunk. Keep up the good work

I am blown away by how well its done. Thanks a lot! Want some purple digi? :lol:

This tank deserves TOTM!!!!!

Haha, I wish.

It's like Christmas eve all over again waiting for my MP10 to arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to work until 7 so I won't even get to mess with it till after that. -_-

I have a few new pictures, most under actinics and a couple with flash. I can't shoot anything under actinics and have it come out decent, they all just get completely washed out with blue. omgomgomg

I just have a P&S but there has to be a way to get better pictures, right? I've messed with all the settings including WB, ISO, etc.. to no avail. Anyone have any tips?

In any case here's the few that came out viewable.

DSC02867.jpg

Chalice

DSC02868.jpg

Shrooms

DSC02870.jpg

Stop...hammertime

DSC02826.jpg

Blue & Green Duncans

DSC02834.jpg

Sophie & her nem (flash)

And has anyone had trouble with Sexy Shrimp picking at SPS? The base of my pocillipora seems to be either missing or just not extending polyps all of a sudden (or within a few days of the pair of sexies arrival). And one of them is being all shady hanging around my green birdsnest...

animalmaster6

Awesome pics man!

I can't wait for the ric, hammer, and candy cane to open uP! I am acclimating them rigfht mow!

I have actually heard of Sexy Shrimp nipping at SPS.

Awesome pics man!

I can't wait for the ric, hammer, and candy cane to open uP! I am acclimating them rigfht mow!

I have actually heard of Sexy Shrimp nipping at SPS.

Thanks!

Good luck with the frags, as soon as I test your water I'll PM you the params.

I've been trying to feed the sexies extra so they hopefully won't bother anything.

The vortech is running and my corals are loving it. I'll see if I can get a video up tonight.

animalmaster6
Thanks!

Good luck with the frags, as soon as I test your water I'll PM you the params.

I've been trying to feed the sexies extra so they hopefully won't bother anything.

The vortech is running and my corals are loving it. I'll see if I can get a video up tonight.

awesome!

Love that shot of the clown in his nem. :wub:

ew@flatworms

Aww, thanks!

Inorite? FW suck. But i got some Flatworm eXit with my mp10. I need to mix up a lot of saltwater and set aside a day to nuke those buggers!

To celebrate the addition of the Vortech, I visited a fellow reefer and picked up some more SPS frags.

- Sunset Monti

- Pokerstar Monti

- Rainbow Monti

- Elkhorn

- Blue Millepora

- ORA Golden Bottlebrush Acro

Pics as soon as they get happy.

animalmaster6
To celebrate the addition of the Vortech, I visited a fellow reefer and picked up some more SPS frags.

- Sunset Monti

- Pokerstar Monti

- Rainbow Monti

- Elkhorn

- Blue Millepora

- ORA Golden Bottlebrush Acro

Pics as soon as they get happy.

Sounds like this tank just got SPS'D!

I love millepora! Never heard of a Sunset Monti.

Cant wait for pics!

Sorry for the wait for pics, I've worked the last 6 days straight and feel like a zombie :wacko:

So I realized a lot of my pictures came out like butt because I've been shooting with macro OFF since I got the new camera :slap:

So some of these actually look halfway decent, IMHO.

In other news my sexies continue to lay the smackdown on my ORA birdsnest and pocillipora, they've eaten about half the polyps off both in 2 weeks. They don't stop no matter how often I feed them, gotta get the pico up and running soon, or my hawkfish is just gonna move back in and clean house.

Anyway...

DSC02906.jpg

FTS

DSC02904.jpg

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02895-1.jpg

Purple Digi

DSC02894-1.jpg

Tricolor

DSC02899.jpg

ORA Blue Tenuis

DSC02900.jpg

ORA Golden Bottlebrush Frag

DSC02890.jpg

Pokerstar

DSC02887-1.jpg

Blue Mille

The other pics came out terrible, that's all for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Big ol' picture update!

Picked up a Yellow Coris, frag of green mille and a nice lil' acan yesterday!

FTS

DSC02922.jpg

DSC02913.jpg

Seems a little surprised in this shot :lol:

DSC02912.jpg

DSC02914.jpg

Sophie being grumpy

DSC02916.jpg

New Mille

DSC02918.jpg

I love this acan, especially for $25!

DSC02926.jpg

Hermits have been busy cleaning it up.

DSC02921.jpg

Indo Purple Tip Stag & Tricolor Acros

Sexies

DSC02928.jpg

DSC02927.jpg

I need to get a water change and some detail work/rearranging done tonight. Got tomorrow off so maybe I'll pull an all nighter?

Last night ended in a nudibranch genocide. Found the little bastards all over my zoanthinds so I removed, dipped, scraped, reintroduced, observed, re-dipped and scraped them again.

Such a pain in the A$$!

Man looks awesome.

Thanks man!

HAVENT BEEN IN HERE IN A WHILE.....

tank looks great!

Inorite, you get lost or wut?

Stop by once in a while, will ya?

animalmaster6

Tank looks really awesome!

Yay for the Yellow Coris! Is this the small one at your store? That ones pretty cool!

Nice acan and SPS too!

Tank looks really awesome!

Yay for the Yellow Coris! Is this the small one at your store? That ones pretty cool!

Nice acan and SPS too!

Thanks dude, the Coris is doing well. He was the one in the bottom tank with the Ocellaris clowns. I just wish he'd eat flatworms for me <_<

I love the acan! I think I'm getting one of these if I can afford it....

animalmaster6
Thanks dude, the Coris is doing well. He was the one in the bottom tank with the Ocellaris clowns. I just wish he'd eat flatworms for me <_<

I love the acan! I think I'm getting one of these if I can afford it....

Oh I know that guy.

So you are looking for acans? I found a few good ones on vividaquariums that I can show you if you like.

And great news! The Nepthea Tree is doing phenominal! It's growing huge! Polyps are always out too. The Sexy Shrimp isn't hosting the Purple Shrooms anymore, now just the Nepthea Tree. :happy:

Oh I know that guy.

So you are looking for acans? I found a few good ones on vividaquariums that I can show you if you like.

And great news! The Nepthea Tree is doing phenominal! It's growing huge! Polyps are always out too. The Sexy Shrimp isn't hosting the Purple Shrooms anymore, now just the Nepthea Tree. :happy:

I just wanted to expand the acan garden a bit, with what I have now and that pack I'm going to order, I should be set for a while.

Glad to hear its doing well! Did the toadstool make it?

i want to chew on this aquarium :naughtydance::happydance:

Haha thanks, you and the sexies both :P

animalmaster6
I just wanted to expand the acan garden a bit, with what I have now and that pack I'm going to order, I should be set for a while.

Glad to hear its doing well! Did the toadstool make it?

Ahh Pics when the acans arrive!

No, the toadstool did not make it and is covered in aiptasia. I wish Peppermint Shrimp weren't bad. I have a little in the back. I only get swarmed on dying corals. It is wierd.

Archived