Coral Vue Hydros

Codeman's Box o' Reefer Madness

Codeman

It's looking awesome bro.

Thanks man! I need to get some more CUC.

I put in an order with reefcleaners for a few more blue legs, nass snails and ceriths. They should arrive wed/thurs. I was thinking of getting another Emerald crab and 1-2 more astreas.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im also looking into beefing up the snail population in my tank. Im having a few algae spots, the snails and the mini jet will hopefully take care of that problem.

Im also looking into beefing up the snail population in my tank. Im having a few algae spots, the snails and the mini jet will hopefully take care of that problem.

You can probably see in some of my pictures that I'm getting a diatom outbreak from all the new sand and rock, but that's no big deal, its the little splotches of hair algae I'm worried about. My emerald does a pretty good job on it, that's why I was looking into getting another.

Went to the LFS today, came home with another Emerald crab, a nice Acan frag and a Black Clown Goby!

We named the BCG Theo, he settled right in and is chillin' in a tunnel under my toadstool. He's so cool!

I'll get some pics once the Acan opens up a bit!

Here's a few quick shots, I wish I had a better camera, this one does my corals no justice.

DSC02650.jpg

Theo, the new BCG settling in, exploring the rockwork.

DSC02649.jpg

The Mountain Dew my skimmer pulls out.

DSC02653.jpg

New Acan! It's really purple and green, but I can't capture the colors :(

I'll get more pictures tomorrow!

Just got my package in from reefcleaners!

Nassarius, Cerith and Blue Leg Hermits acclimating now!

Here's a few more pictures I got this morning.

FTS

DSC02675.jpg

Acans

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

Blasto, this thing is growing pretty well, almost up to 2 full heads from 1 and a half when I got it a few weeks ago.

DSC02666.jpg

Ricordeas

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02668.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

Zoa Tree

DSC02670.jpg

My Lil' Frags

DSC02671.jpg

Just remembered I hadn't posted a macro of this yet.

DSC02673.jpg

DSC02674.jpg

$5 Frag I got at Sunday's Boston Reefers' meeting

Dunk's

DSC02676.jpg

Paly's that I :wub: so much

DSC02677.jpg

Thassitfornowkthxbye

Nice tank! Lots of nice frags. I'll be tagging along.

Thanks dude. Can't wait for everything to start growing in!

I really should have guessed I'd clicked the wrong link when it said "assimilated." Stupid borg reference...

I like the new tank better any way. The rock work is preety awesome. If you're reading this, you should pause, take a deep breath, and stuff those mini nem's full of food. SPLIT,SPLIT,SPLIT,SPLIT!

Haha nice tank. The trumpet seems to be doing well, I think I'm going to pick up a frag myself.

I really should have guessed I'd clicked the wrong link when it said "assimilated." Stupid borg reference...

I like the new tank better any way. The rock work is preety awesome. If you're reading this, you should pause, take a deep breath, and stuff those mini nem's full of food. SPLIT,SPLIT,SPLIT,SPLIT!

Haha nice tank. The trumpet seems to be doing well, I think I'm going to pick up a frag myself.

Thanks a lot, man!

You have no idea how long I spent trying to get the rocks to stay the way they are omgomgomg

I am actually going to go defrost some mysis now. I'll post pics of them eating if I can get some decent ones. I think the trumpet's working on popping out a fifth head as one has two mouths now and seems to be on its way to splitting fingerscrossed

That would be awesome. I love Trumpet's when there in a good size colony form, there really impressive. Especially around feeding time.

I know what you mean about the rock work. It took me forever to get it a certain way, and then I had to rip it apart to go frag hunting -_-. As it turns out the frag was upside down on a rock in plain view any way. Not much fun.

Any who, best of luck with the pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to show you some pics of my mini nem eating some time in the future haha.

That would be awesome. I love Trumpet's when there in a good size colony form, there really impressive. Especially around feeding time.

I know what you mean about the rock work. It took me forever to get it a certain way, and then I had to rip it apart to go frag hunting -_-. As it turns out the frag was upside down on a rock in plain view any way. Not much fun.

Any who, best of luck with the pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to show you some pics of my mini nem eating some time in the future haha.

Uploading 19 pics right now :happy:

Here's the feeding pics, Theo the Black Clown Goby actually came out and swam around and let me get a couple pictures of him.

Mini Nems for Psychosis:

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02699.jpg

DSC02700.jpg

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

DSC02685.jpg

DSC02687.jpg

DSC02689.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

Theo :wub:

DSC02691.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02694.jpg

DSC02697.jpg

The Whole Family :happy:

DSC02696.jpg

Sorry the pics are so crappy, there was a lot of ish in the water column and I'm a bad photographer -_-

Thanks for the 'nem pics man. Thats awesome. How much did you pick them up for any way? I'm going to have to start feeding my rics soon to, just for the hell of it. The big one all ways seems hungry to me in dillusion land. Theo looks content, I've heard that bcg's are a pain to get eating. Good to see him chowin' down.

Thanks for the 'nem pics man. Thats awesome. How much did you pick them up for any way? I'm going to have to start feeding my rics soon to, just for the hell of it. The big one all ways seems hungry to me in dillusion land. Theo looks content, I've heard that bcg's are a pain to get eating. Good to see him chowin' down.

I got the rock with the two nems and the giant mushroom on it for $10.

I'm not sure that he ate anything, but he sure was active!

That's a steal. Here I though I was good at bargain shopping. Active is still a good sign.

Haha, it was from a local reefer, so its to be expected.

I just got him yesterday, so he's still settling in. I do have garlic to add to the food to hopefully entice him though.

Ahh I need to get in touch with some local reefers. For some reason I was rejected from the Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society. Maybe I need to find the norhtern society haha.

Those Mini's still look awesome. Did the second one color up at all?

Ahh I need to get in touch with some local reefers. For some reason I was rejected from the Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society. Maybe I need to find the norhtern society haha.

Those Mini's still look awesome. Did the second one color up at all?

A lil' bit, just needs food and time ;)

If only thing's happened instantly, eh? You have my seal of approval, the tank is comeing along well.

Thank you good sir.

I'm headed to the LFS today to hopefully get some blue leg hermits and maybe even a small turbo. I'm getting GHA stubble on my glass and a little on a couple rocks/frags so I want it to gtfo before it gets out of hand.

Its ####### me off too because I run a fuge w/chaeto, have 0 nitrate, 0 phosphate, use RO/DI only, and my bulbs are brand new. I can't even begin to comprehend why its growing in my tank. :angry:

Just to spite you. GHA is some defiant crap. My emerald crab demolished mine, food for thought. The turbo's did a good job of keeping it off of the glass.

Just to spite you. GHA is some defiant crap. My emerald crab demolished mine, food for thought. The turbo's did a good job of keeping it off of the glass.

I already have 2 emeralds omgomgomg

It grows in patches on the glass, thats why I want a small turbo, then I'll give them away before they get too big.

Archived