Marinebiologists 12g Nano Cube

marinebiologist

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
marinebiologist

Alright so it's been a about a year since I was last on, and my tank has crashed unfortunately :( every thing started to slowly die off, and I tried to help the coral to recover but it was no use, but I do still have my gold banded maroon clown and I had a huge algae outbreak but hopefully small daily wager changes will change that

marinebiologist

Alright so all my params are good, but my clown has a skull little patch of white on the side of his face near the gill but it looks fleshy kind of and it's only one small patch so I don't really kno what to do. She's eating fine and doesn't look sick at all.

marinebiologist

Once I get everything settled I'm thinking of getting another fish, any suggestions? I was thinking of a bangaii cardinal or something that's interesting but not too expensive

Wow, sorry to hear. I would really take it slow and make sure everything is ok for a bit before adding anything new in. Do you have somewhere you could take the livestock for a couple of weeks?

marinebiologist

so does any one have any input about the clown and the white fleshy patch sticking out near her gill?

Pic would be helpful... The bangai will not get too big. Mine is about 4 inches or so.

The only thing with them is they have very little personality - except at feeding time. Then they become VERY fast and aggressive. That is the one fish that I am considering getting rid of.

marinebiologist

Well I can't get any pics until next week because my parents are using my camera and they're in Europe, haha, so yeah next week, but it's not very noticeable you only notice it when you look at her up close, but she doesn't come to the front of the tank either for some reason. When I feed her she swims out to get the food and then swims back into her little cave and waits for a bother piece of food to pass by, so should I be worried about that?

It's hard to say. If she is eating, that is a good sign. Even though she does not come to the front is she still active?

marinebiologist

alright so my clown is acting a little better i guess, she still has that thing next to her gill but whenever somebody comes up to the front of the tank she swims out to the front and she's a lot more active than before

marinebiologist

alright so i got my camera back, so i should have some pics up later today. And i should be ordering a CUC sometime this week to clean up my tank. So right now all the params are fine, but the nitrates are a little high but not by much, im working on getting them down. And i still have that algae outbreak, although ive cleaned it up A LOT but a lot of it dies during the night, but it just grows back once i turn the lights on, so i dont know what to do with that.

I also might be going to a marine aquarium expo this weekend (APEX) and i might get some mushies or something there, idk yet.

marinebiologist

photos up iln about an hour or so, gotta wait for the sun to go down so theres no glare

marinebiologist

alright so for some reason every time i try and upload a pic photobucket has an error msg and it says unable to upload

marinebiologist

alright so i have to use tinypic to upload and i can only upload one at a time, so until im done.

Gold Banded Maroon!!!!! :D shes starting to get a little gold

30jk3mv.jpg

marinebiologist

So as you can see i have a lot of algae, but im slowly getting rid of it

xli6c2.jpg

2rpsdas.jpg

Its kinda hard to get a good pic of the clown, lol

1zmdmb9.jpg

4uwcwm.jpg

291f0qp.jpg

29291zd.jpg

69l36u.jpg