Pod Your Reef

-The Mushroom Kingdom™ - 4FOOTBEAST™ - 55G Stomping Grounds.

Kraylen

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AdriftQuasar

Pretty sure it will be glass. Coworker having garage sale to pay for a trip to Ethiopia. Doesn't really sound like a good tourism place, but whatever.

It was used as a freshwater tank I believe for about six years, hasn't been cleaned. Sounds like I'm buying some vinegar. Comes with a bunch of old FW stuff. We'll see.

Glad too see you are joining the 4 foot beast clan

Tankwise: I think it is time to make a new damn top as my favorite fish was dried up on the tile today. I knew this was coming yet being so damn busy at both jobs + finals I didnt finish my new tops and now I am facing my mistake. *shrug* ish happens, its not like my corals are gonna jump haha.

R.I.P. Candy Hogfish *pours out some modelo*

AdriftQuasar

That really sucks. I hadn't even considered the new and exciting things I could keep in a 50 though. At least there are plenty of fish in the sea.

30 long is a nice tank!

Today I got a bunch of blue steel/bonnet/hornets call them what you will... they are pretty cool. I dont see the overhype but theyre different. Personally I think purple deaths and nuke greens are kinda bleh... but its cool to have because they were so popular ya know? Another coral to add to the collection.

Steel_Blue_Zoanthid_1.sized.jpg

Not my picture but I got some of the colony :)

I know how you feel man, I've got a frag of purple deaths. There so so. Cool, don't get me wrong, but it hasn't altered my tank in a color explosion.

I don't know why, but I saw that picture and "stop looking at me, shwan" popped in to my head.

Hey, Kray,

I just made a top for my aquarium so that I could insure nobody jumping out of it. It's made from window screen and the aluminum frames. It looks extremely good. I could let you know how I made it if your interested. Do you have a 55gal with a center brace? Two 24" sections?

Yeah, Its no problem to make, but I got alot of hanging sh!t on the back of my tank so I gotta create some ninja style top to go around everything. :|

aww, gotcha. I just remembered you saying that you made one and it was total crap so you chucked it lol. Sadly my screen is mainly to lower the light level in my tank. I have too much light and the darkest areas are bleaching my softies.

Haha I'm going to have to shoot you a pm when I run in to some cash man. All your coral are belong to me.

Archived