Top Shelf Aquatics

Onyx Clowns Spawning

christosclowns

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading this thread and you have some awesome Onyx clowns, Erik.

I was originally going to get a pair of Ocellaris for my JBJ 28g, but now I may have to get a pair of Onyx from you in the future. Also, I live in Dunedin...so I could easily just meet up with you.

christosclowns

well im hatching the spawn out tomorrow. So i am looking at about 4 to 5 months of grow time for them to be sellable. I cant wait to see these offspring. I have selectively bred two pairs to hopefully get extremely black clownfish. So im definetly going to keep everyone up to date thanks

Gtaquatics, its nice to see that you are using this name again and not using your other name on here!!!!!!!!gsellers!!!lol

christosclowns

Well the hatch went great about 300 or so are doing great its day three right now so considering the fact that i lose about 5 percent i will be raising all her batches from now on since her nests are not getting eaten by the male and the grow out is on its way

Gtaquatics, its nice to see that you are using this name again and not using your other name on here!!!!!!!!gsellers!!!lol

I use both names. I also use gsellers1245 on other forums too. This has nothing to do with the thread

I use both names. I also use gsellers1245 on other forums too. This has nothing to do with the thread

I just wonder what your motives are for using two different names on nano-reef. And you're right it has nothing to do about this thread but I also think the only reason you put that is because you were called out on it!!!!!!!lol

christosclowns

Thank you scott, and lockingit would be unfair due to childish instigations. Anyway Mew i have ten gallon tanks as my larval tanks. On hatch night i transfer the pots with the eggs and label the tank with the parent number and the date. Each one of my breeders has a number according to their tank so its easy to keep up. Right now i have 9 pairs out of 14 spawning so im keeping up. Its a bit difficult but i have a system down that keeps me in line. The onyx babies that just hatched are 4 days old and doing great and shes on schedual laying tomorrow night. I cannot wait to see how black their offspring get.

Archived