Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NEW LED PENDANT FOR PICO

cdelicath

The Arduinos are very cool if you want a good cheap project to keep you busy. With the release of the ALC module for the RKL and RKE, it's much easier to do the timed fades.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

sorry to wake an old thread but man did this help me out for my led light build :lol:

ive been so confused and i have been bombing every body with tons of Q,s but i think i will be able to have every thing in click pretty quick

i like how you used that project box to house the buck pucks and the pot and the power supplie to the pucks

• 1 month later...
sorry for the stupid question, but what is a pot? can someone suply a link. Fantastic thread by the way.

Whoa throwback!

Pot is an abbreviation for potentiometer.

thanks for the quick reply, I have1 nano and 2 Pico’s I want to convert to led, I have been going through evils post over the last 3-4 days trying to make since of it., it think I am starting to understand what is involved except the dimming. And I can’t code so I can not use a controller.

• 5 months later...
Here's my order:

1 Cree XR-E Q4

Star LED $8.49

3 Cree Royal

Blue XR-E

Star LED $25.47

1 3023-D-E-700P

Wired

BuckPuck,

700mA Output,

DC Powered w/

Potentiometer $19.99

Subtotal: $53.95

Shipping: $6.00

Tax: $0.00

Total: $59.95

I have a 1.5A power supply I am hopping I can use since I am only running 1 buck puck now.

I am going to try what I ordered and add more LED's If I need too.

Still have to get a fan here locally and figure out an enclosure.

This is how much the total cost for the light minus the PS?

• 4 months later...

I have a 1.5 gallon tank I might use to make a pico of, I have blue LED lights and I might consider getting a LED bulb, since we, in modern times have this sort of goodness. A few things to tide me over until th stress that is getting a 33 gallon can resolve itself.

Archived