Innovative Marine Aquariums

I want a flame scallop

GIRLGONEAQUA

Idk, the yellow tang? I like blue tangs if any tang.

my clowns have alot of personality and like to snoop around, host the open brain, harass my hermits, and play with my hand :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Idk, the yellow tang? I like blue tangs if any tang.

my clowns have alot of personality and like to snoop around, host the open brain, harass my hermits, and play with my hand :D

Wow, usually yellows are always grazing and moving. I have a baby hippo I knew before I got him that as babies they will lie down and go in the rock. Mine is always out!

Dude they are born with ak-47 uzis +banana clips how you gonna mess with that.

For the record I wouldnt get the scallop unless you REALLY know what you're doing, which you don't. I def wouldnt put it in a cube/AIO.

Dude they are born with ak-47 uzis +banana clips how you gonna mess with that.

For the record I wouldnt get the scallop unless you REALLY know what you're doing, which you don't. I def wouldnt put it in a cube/AIO.

Oh! You said banana clips? I got you now dude...

Experience ...I've had one in a 5G for almost 2 years!

My friend saw it and bought a big one ( 3") and it died in a couple/several months.

For what it's worth, I add MarineSnow 3x a week and I chose a really small one( 3/4" - 1"). I wouldn't say it has grown much . I wouldn't buy another one. I think they slowly starve ...in our tanks or at the LFS.

Fishhead Junkie

They are not hard to keep at all. I've had my flame scallop for well over a year if not longer(I've lost count of the months). I NEVER spot feed it. It moves where it wants, when it wants and I let it be. I've tried the electric flames and they are hard to keep or they stop showing the bioluminesence and eventually die. People sometimes spot my flame scallop in the pics I post when it's up front and always comment on how great it looks. I keep mine in my 29BC, I say go for it.

Steve

I read a few things online (stopped after I got to the petco one) about them because I was thinking of getting one just to put in my frag tank and a lot of sites said they were easy. I have no idea why, I'm just saying..

Archived