64 members have voted

1. 1. Christmas Fragswap

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. When?

• as sheduled
    • wait until after the holidays
    • not at all

Im to poor to particapate but Ill just give some frags to my friend who Ill be spending christmas with, he always likes getting goodies from me. Maybe next year ill be rich and then Ill be in. ;)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atlantis Reef

lol im unemployed and still in hehe its Christmas

Do we still want to do this with only this many?? Or try when it is after Christmas and people have more money like a late Christmas present hehe

angelacbishop

I would prefer to do it for Christmas but if we're going to wait, we might as well wait to spring since it will be easier to ship frags for those of us in colder climates.

I would prefer to do it for Christmas but if we're going to wait, we might as well wait to spring since it will be easier to ship frags for those of us in colder climates.

I agree, and if more people will be able to participate then it would be better. I can wait.

Atlantis Reef

its up to you all just money for alot is tight since holidays and mb we could do in spring since warmer just need to know

I would love to...but sadly I don't have any corals anyone would want. I have 3 brownish mushrooms and an orange porites that hitchhiked when I got my LR. :tears:

Maybe someone should volunteer to send some to us poor people that don't have nice pretty corals..... :D

Atlantis Reef

After alot of though on this between myself and myself I think we should wait awhile. Economy sucks, Christmas time could go both ways good gift or is the reason noone seems to want to do this hence 48 yes and only like 12 for sure. I will still set this up after it warms up in the spring. Sorry if this makes anyone mad just it does make more since due to the above and temps.

angelacbishop
After alot of though on this between myself and myself I think we shoould wait awhile. Economy sucks, Christmas time could go both ways go gift or is the reason noone seems to want to do this hince 48 yes and only like 12 for sure. I will still set this up after it warms up in the spring. Sorry if this makes anyone mad djust it does make more since due to the above and temps.

Totally understood, no hard feelings!

After alot of though on this between myself and myself I think we should wait awhile. Economy sucks, Christmas time could go both ways good gift or is the reason noone seems to want to do this hence 48 yes and only like 12 for sure. I will still set this up after it warms up in the spring. Sorry if this makes anyone mad just it does make more since due to the above and temps.

The last frag swap had 18 people, one before had 20ish, and that includes several members (weetie, me, dtfleming, adin, etc) who aren't participating this time but did participate the last two. Based on that and the fact that you've got about 25% actual participation from your poll says you're doing pretty well.

I dont think its the economy, I dont think it's the time of year or the weather thats stopping people. It's simply that people dont want to participate for personal reasons or past experiences, or some rule like the established aquarium issue stops them from participating. Remember that people are going to answer that poll before reading anything - so you've got a ton of noobs answering and then not being able to participate. Really, I'm not sure what the use of the poll is to begin with - they either sign up by following instructions or not. If they can't follow directions, no use in even worrying about them actually trying to participate, mirite?

IME, changing the dates of the swap/rules/etc will discourage people from participating. Stick with your plan and those who do participate will *hopefully* find the experience enjoyable. Good luck with this, whenever you do have it.

definetly stick with the plan!! yo dont have to have a million people to participate! its like a small family gathering where everyone exchanges gifts...doesnt have to be 50-60 people to do a swap...i think we are good where we are at!

Militant Jurist

I would be in for it, but alas I don't have the cash for proper shipping and materials nor a good frag to ship. Maybe I'll be ready for a spring/summer swap. :unsure:

I would love to participate, however.. all I can frag is my pom pom xenia and that's a pretty common thing so I'm sure nobody would want. Nothing else (out of my 4 TOTAL corals) is big enough. lol..

Archived