• no
  2. 2. When?

• as sheduled
    • wait until after the holidays
    • not at all

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as richie said not everyone can get usps express overnight. When you send your pm in, I would tell what kind of lighting you have, what kind of corals your looking for and the last two frag swaps a relieve fund was setup for people that have to use ups or fedex to ship. Remember the rates just went up, it just cost me $58 to send frags to CA via fedex.

angelacbishop

Perhaps we can try to set it up so most people are shipping to someone in their general area of the country. I'm sure it won't be possible to do for everyone but it might help in some cases.

I would highly reccomend changing the shipping dates to the Monday and Tuesday of that week incase there is a delay the packages won't be locked up over the weekend. With the high number of things being mailed during this time the chance of something happening increases greatly. I think in both previous swaps someones packages got lost.

And for the shipping relief fund yes people used it. Fedex isn't just $10 more than usps somestimes its up to $30 more. It cost one person over $70 to mail their package in the Valentine swap. And its not always geographical distance that increases shipping it is also dependent on the persons ability to receive USPS express. It could cost more to send stuff from KY to TN than it would to ship stuff from KY to CA.

Also, the point of the swaps in the first place was to spread the wealth of corals we all have by propagating them out to send to others, not to just get some free corals.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Atlantis Reef

Notice to all shipping date have been updated in first post thanks to the heads up for possible delays. Now the shipping help fund how would I do this I do not use the evil paypal/ebay empire I use Google checkout since it will be part of my future checkout on my web page. Also no new pms that they want to be a part of this but the votes have climbed. The dead line to enter is Sun 12/7

Notice to all shipping date have been updated in first post thanks to the heads up for possible delays. Now the shipping help fund how would I do this I do not use the evil paypal/ebay empire I use Google checkout since it will be part of my future checkout on my web page. Also no new pms that they want to be a part of this but the votes have climbed. The dead line to enter is Sun 12/7

For the shipping fund people volunteered to send money and when I knew who needed money I let the volunteers know and they paypaled it straight to the person that needed it.

Perhaps we can try to set it up so most people are shipping to someone in their general area of the country. I'm sure it won't be possible to do for everyone but it might help in some cases.

I like this idea, if possible

i just like the idea of not payin 70 bux for shippings..lol

but sometimes...you gotta do what you gotta

For the shipping fund people volunteered to send money and when I knew who needed money I let the volunteers know and they paypaled it straight to the person that needed it.

thats actually a good system you had there...

Atlantis Reef

No new pms and list is up to date on first page now up to 32 yes and missing alot of pms! Also notice date changes on shipping just incase of delays

ya, I promise to make it worth while!

maybe i'll ship who-ever my lucky choice a bottle of spiced rum?

ooooh.....i hope is me! :P

Once every three months, we plan it out good :)

Plus I gotta have time to restock all the alcohol between parties, that stuff ain't cheap, and it ALL gets drunk!

Archived