Coral Vue Hydros

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was the day I took back TimTom aka my female clown.

Now I have store credit and waiting on a shipment of harelquin shrimps :wub:

I also picked up couple new zoos

Well I do have my own kit, but trust me when I say my LFS is the ultimate in fishcare and knowledge. they talk me out of buying things all the time, and make sure i get whats best for my tank.

and it has to be my clowns cause she had a nibble out of her tail. probley stressed her out.

had a peppy, and it dissapeared! maybe i'll just have to buy another. gosh i just have the worst luck with shrimps :-\ my LFS was like "No more shrimps for you mallory!"

well since you trust your LFS so much, maybe you should take its advice and not buy another shrimp.
Today was the day I took back TimTom aka my female clown.

Now I have store credit and waiting on a shipment of harelquin shrimps :wub:

:rolleyes:

I had bad luck with shrimps because my female clown was eatting them all!!!

and yes I know they eat starfish. Im putting a chocochip in the sump

New Zoo and Conch :wub:

post-35118-1230521807_thumb.jpg

post-35118-1230521677_thumb.jpg

4 Months

1 picasso clown

1 black ocellaris

3 cleaner shrimp

1 peppermint shrimp

2 nudibranch

okay I didnt kill the ocellaris thats still alive

I personally didnt kill 3 cleaners or the picasso

& dont act like you never had things die in your tank either...

Those are all things that have either died (majority) or you have had to take back to the LFS.

I have had a tank for a 1 1/2 years. I made one really stupid decision to try a school of chromis despite reports of aggression problems. I lost 3/5 of them and I will never "replace" them.

Aside from that stupid mistake, the only livestock I have lost is a Yellow Watchman Goby that jumped out of my tank (I now have a net cover) and a clam that was likely killed by whelks that I didn't begin noticing in my tank until after the clam was dead (it also could have been a result of my 70w sunpod or the fact that the clam was only about 1.5" and I didn't do enough to keep it alive).

Sure, we all lose livestock now and then....but the amount you have lost in such a short period is a lot, imo. Anytime there is a problem, you place the blame on something in your tank rather than on yourself. When something dies, you immediately run out and try to find some other "neat" creature to replace it with. I don't mean to be a hater, but at some point you need to start making some better decisions.

New Zoo and Conch :wub:

post-35118-1230521807_thumb.jpg

post-35118-1230521677_thumb.jpg

okay I didnt kill the ocellaris thats still alive

I personally didnt kill 3 cleaners or the picasso

& dont act like you never had things die in your tank either...

I think that Harlequins actually prefer eating starfish over all other things. Some may not eat anything but starfish and they slowly die in tanks. You will probably need to supply the Harlequin shrimp with a steady diet of starfish, which can cost some $$. It is fun to watch them wheel away the starfish to be honest with you, unless you are attached to your starfish.

i think your doing a great job! just because other people have better luck doesnt mean your doing a bad job. i checked the update and tank is lookin pimp! good job! ;)

GIRLGONEAQUA

Thanks you guys, I really appericate it! but it seems all my problems have lessen due to the fact I dont have my aggressive female anymore. :happy:

your is looking great to me, the open brain is awesome, i am picking up a pair of black ocellaris clowns today from my lfs, i hope to have good luck with mine.......my lfs has a pair of harlequin shrimp in the coral tank that are awesome to watch i was asking about them and they said that they never feed it anything.......the only thing they say is that some asterina stars may hitch hike with the live rock, and they have had the shrimp for a long time.

Sure, we all lose livestock now and then....but the amount you have lost in such a short period is a lot, imo. Anytime there is a problem, you place the blame on something in your tank rather than on yourself. When something dies, you immediately run out and try to find some other "neat" creature to replace it with. I don't mean to be a hater, but at some point you need to start making some better decisions.

A little late, but +1

A little late, but +1

LoL ... Good luck with the Harlequin ... I am getting a pair of them myself ... beautiful creatures!

-David

Those are all things that have either died (majority) or you have had to take back to the LFS.

I have had a tank for a 1 1/2 years. I made one really stupid decision to try a school of chromis despite reports of aggression problems. I lost 3/5 of them and I will never "replace" them.

Aside from that stupid mistake, the only livestock I have lost is a Yellow Watchman Goby that jumped out of my tank (I now have a net cover) and a clam that was likely killed by whelks that I didn't begin noticing in my tank until after the clam was dead (it also could have been a result of my 70w sunpod or the fact that the clam was only about 1.5" and I didn't do enough to keep it alive).

A little late, but +1

Really late, but +2. This does explain a lot though.... :haha:

996262_567076e1b433947o5ivo19.JPG for all you Hayden Panettiere lovers...

Is this MySpace?! :lol:

Your tank looks awesome.

I noticed you live in Seattle. I live in Montana. Like 8 hrs away. We should do a trade sometime. We can ship priority so it would be there overnight. PM me if your interested.

Archived