Coral Vue Hydros

Atomics 90g Mixed Reef

Atomic081

My sister is a fifth year pre-optometry major at IU and probably getting ready to enter the optometry program there. Delilah's has a temporary store set up which is basically just animal food and supplies somewhere. They are moving to a new, more permanent building in a few weeks near 11th and College i think. I'm looking forward to it. I'd definitely be up for a trade sometime if i can come up with something worth trading, but i'm pretty limited on what i can keep, it'd have to softies. The only coral i have in there right now is a toadstool mushroom, but it's doing well.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol thanks for the offer, but i've already had a bad experience with a candycane. It didn't do so well for some reason and shriveled up pretty bad, probably not enough light with just the stock pc's that I've got.

I have never had a problem with the flame angel picking on corals. I make sure they are fed every day though.

Tank looks sweet! I have a 80 that's almost 6 months old.

Since ive got such a good response today I thought I might post some more pics. These are some actinic pictures i took this evening. Like ive said before. My camera is like 6 years old and my good one is broken.

Fish11-16a001.jpg

Fish11-16a003.jpg

I also got my Auto top off working today. Ive got my RODI unit in my basement with 2 30 gal rubbermaids set up. One will always be for RO water. The other will always have Saltwater mixing. Ive run a hose through the floor into the basement so i can directly pump the water up from the basement with a mag 5 with the Auto top off. Also when i do water changes i can just change the Mag 5 into the saltwater rubbermaid and siphen tank water out the window of my house. It keeps everything clean.

what are the dimensions on that bad boy?

48" long 18" deep 24" high

Im looking into getting new MH bulbs. I have 10,000k right now. Im considering going to 14k to add some pop to the colors. What does everyone think?

sounds like a good idea. sik tank btw :) . once they get grown out so your tank is filled in then switch to 20k for some mega pop and slow growth so you dont have to frag a ton.

ya im getting tired of the yellow look from the 10,000k. Ive only got 2 of the 3 actinics working right now also so that will bring out the blues more also

your tank looks really great!! I love the rockwork you've been able to acheive, perfect for the fish to swim under. Another check on the pro side of upgrading! haha :D

ps. Is that your Cavalier in your avatar? It's my favorite breed & coloration!!

your tank looks really great!! I love the rockwork you've been able to acheive, perfect for the fish to swim under. Another check on the pro side of upgrading! haha :D

ps. Is that your Cavalier in your avatar? It's my favorite breed & coloration!!

Thanks Cali-girl for the compliment. Yes that is a Cavalier....she is sitting on my lap right now.

I got my frag pack today!!!! its SOOO great. The 20 pack turn out to be 27 frags!!!! im uploading pictures now.

Not everything is open yet but here is the pack. Not included are 3 frags of unknown zoas that have not opened yet.

Fish11-18014.jpg

Fish11-18004.jpg

Fish11-18005.jpg

Fish11-18006.jpg

Fish11-18008.jpg

Fish11-18010.jpg

Fish11-18011.jpg

Fish11-18012.jpg

Wow! you scored on that pack!!

can't wait till everything is grown in, it's going to be stunning!!

I'm jealous of your puppy, ....ah... someday! ;)

Update: This weekend ill be finishing my canopy and im going to try and buy new 14k bulbs. I had thought about upgrading to T5s to save on electricity but it was not cost effective. Ill post pictures of the finished product at the beginning of next week.

I did not get the whole canopy finished today but I should have everything done except for staining and clear coating.

I bought new MH lights for my tank. I got 2 Hamilton 14k 250w bulbs and WOW they are blue. Its the exact look I was looking for. It makes all the colors pop so much more. Here are some before and after pics.

Before

Good.jpg

After

Fish11-22008.jpg

I also got some pics of the new Zoo's on my Zoo Island

Fish11-22001.jpg

Fish11-22002.jpg

Fish11-22003.jpg

Fish11-22006.jpg

I finally got my stand done!!! It only took 5 months. Ive still got to stain and finish it this week before i mount the lighting into the canopy. I also want to find a few 4" fans to mount in the canopy to allow airflow. Im not sure how to wire the fans but im sure ill figure it out. Ill be painting the inside of the canopy with Kilz primer. Ive been told it has a reflective quality that will help the lighting. I dont know if Kilz is any different than any other white paint but ive got it laying around so ill give it a shot. Here are the pics

Fish11-24001.jpg

Fish11-24003.jpg

Fish11-24004.jpg

Fish11-24005.jpg

Fish11-24006.jpg

I have gotten the stand and canopy stained and finished. Im installing the Lighting in it right now. Ive had to do some modifying to get 2 fans into the canopy but I think it has turned out really good. Im also going to take all the frags i got last week and put them in more permanent places in the tank. Ill post pictures in a few hours.

Archived