Cultivated Reef

Live Phytoplankton Blend - Coral Food - 16oz bottles

CSoli921

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is one buy two get one free available. $12 + shipping

Hope this stuff is good ,looks like green water doesnt even smell. When i put it in the tank you couldnt even see it. of course all i ever used was dt's must just be different.

Hope this stuff is good ,looks like green water doesnt even smell. When i put it in the tank you couldnt even see it. of course all i ever used was dt's must just be different.

Did you forget to shake it up? Some of the phytoplankton settle during shipping. It is greenwater and it isn't supposed to smell. DT's may be a bit more concentrated, because they use a centrifuge. That's why DT's is a lot more expensive.

Did you forget to shake it up? Some of the phytoplankton settle during shipping. It is greenwater and it isn't supposed to smell. DT's may be a bit more concentrated, because they use a centrifuge. That's why DT's is a lot more expensive.

yes i shook it up didnt seem like there was anything to shake up tho. like i said all i ever used was dt, which is thick and has to be shook. and i thought it was suposed to have some kind of smell dts always does.

yes i shook it up didnt seem like there was anything to shake up tho. like i said all i ever used was dt, which is thick and has to be shook. and i thought it was suposed to have some kind of smell dts always does.

I've never had any problems with it. You're the first person to say something. I've had many repeat buyers too. I don't know what to tell you. It definitely settles to the bottom though and it needs to be shaken up. I typically do smell a little something before I blend them together, but to me, it sounds like the DT's is old or something. Although, I have no experience with DT's.

Also, for $28 you got 5 half liter bottles. Compare that to DT's.

I've never had any problems with it. You're the first person to say something. I've had many repeat buyers too. I don't know what to tell you. It definitely settles to the bottom though and it needs to be shaken up. I typically do smell a little something before I blend them together, but to me, it sounds like the DT's is old or something. Although, I have no experience with DT's.

Also, for $28 you got 5 half liter bottles. Compare that to DT's.

For sure im not #####ing prolly sounds that way..it is a good deal i just found it wierd there was no settlement on the bottom at all. but after sitting in the fridge all day it does now. :P prolly shaking all day in a truck.

New and improved live phyto...

1 bottle - $16 shipped

2 bottles-$22 shipped

3 bottles-$28

Any interest?

phyto1.jpg

PM sent.... new pic posted!

wat is the brown bottle? are they different from the green bottle? are all 3 bottle different from one another? lmk very interest.

wat is the brown bottle? are they different from the green bottle? are all 3 bottle different from one another? lmk very interest.

The brown bottle is the isochrysis galbana. The other two are Nannochloropsis Occulata and Tetraselmis Suecica. Together they have a lot of nutrition.

qwiksilver711
The brown bottle is the isochrysis galbana. The other two are Nannochloropsis Occulata and Tetraselmis Suecica. Together they have a lot of nutrition.

you just put this stuff in your tank? for corals or fish or what?

you just put this stuff in your tank? for corals or fish or what?

It's mostly for your corals. It feeds copepods and other critters which feed sps. It is part of the base of the food chain in our little fishy ecosystems :lol:

qwiksilver711
It's mostly for your corals. It feeds copepods and other critters which feed sps. It is part of the base of the food chain in our little fishy ecosystems :lol:

oh i see, so you just dump this stuff straight into your tank?

oh i see, so you just dump this stuff straight into your tank?

Yes, that is correct. Well, you dont just dump it. You put 1-5 drops per gallon depending on how stocked your tank is with coral. If you have a clam and feather dusters you would want to add more drops, because they feed from it directly.

Archived