Innovative Marine Aquariums

Live Phytoplankton Blend - Coral Food - 16oz bottles

CSoli921

I have been cultivating Isochrysis galbana, Nannochloropsis occulata, and Tetraselmis suecica. I am now offering this nice blend to my fellow reefers.

Please let me know when you are interested, because bottles will go out on a first-come first-served basis.

phytoblend.jpg

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been cultivating Nannochloris sp, Nannochloropsis sp, and Tetraselmus sp. I would be sending out e16oz bottles with the three inside of it. I will have to figure out the details of shipping later, but just wanted to know if there is any market for it on here.

Also if you wouldn't mind putting your name down that would be good. Thanks a lot!

Death to gauging interest threads. If you have something to sell, sell it.

The best way to know if there is a market is to offer it for sale - and the answer to that question is largely determined by price, which you have not included.

I only answer hypothetical questions with hypothetical answers: hence my "maybe" answer.

EDIT: Ninjad. Glad to see you wised up. :)

yeah... i realized it was dumb to "gauge interest," so I decided to just post it. I have some available already, so it doesn't matter either way.

InTr4nceWeTrust

I remember at one point I was trying to find phytoplankton. I know you can spot feed some coral with them. Could you remind me what else phytoplankton is fed to? I can't remember if they're used in culturing rotifers or mysis or something.

I remember at one point I was trying to find phytoplankton. I know you can spot feed some coral with them. Could you remind me what else phytoplankton is fed to? I can't remember if they're used in culturing rotifers or mysis or something.

Yes, they are used for that purpose too. Any filter feeders love it. Rotifers, mysis, and pods. A good thing about it is that it is harder to pollute the water or anything because it is live. Clams like it also. You can do a search for it and find more info.

I just keep splitting the culture so I always have fresh phytoplankton growing. I take out 2/3 fresh phyto and add 2/3 saltwater and nutrients, and a week or so later I have a full bottle of phyto. I have seven bottles right now, so there is always fresh phyto.

Edit: And if you meant after I send it out, you can store it in the refrigerator for a month or more.

The price has been decreased to $5 + shipping if anyone is interested. Thanks for looking!

pm me with your paypal address & a price shipped to 11758.

i would much rather give you the $ than my lfs. homebrew stuff is always awsome.

All payments sent before Monday, will be shipped out Monday with freshly harvested live phyto. Monday is one of my harvest days!

All payments sent before Monday, will be shipped out Monday with freshly harvested live phyto. Monday is one of my harvest days!

got mine today!! looks and tastes good.....at least my corals think so!! :lol:

thanks

I just wanted to add that I have a buy 2 get 1 free special offered. If you are interested in that you can ask me for a shipping quote.

I just wanted to add that I have a buy 2 get 1 free special offered. If you are interested in that you can ask me for a shipping quote.

im now wondering how often i should feed my zoas and rics with this?

angelacbishop

I usually feed phyto every other day during the lights on time. But technically your zoas and rics won't eat it. The phtyo will feed your pods/other little critters which will thus increase in population and then feed your zoas and rics. Feather dusters and other filter feeders like gorgonians and sponges and smaller clams will greatly benefit from this stuff too.

Archived