Coral Vue Hydros

CoRPS' 20L AIO w/Rockwall

CoRPS

Alright got a PC fixture for my tank. 2x65W. One is 12,000K and the other is actinic. It also has 4 lunar LED's. Looks great! Classes are ending this week, and then one final next week so I should have a lot of time to get the tank started. Hopefully it will have water by the new year.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because the entire floor (barebottom) will be a zoa garden! So.. I'm thinking caps along the back wall, zoas on the floor, gsp on the pillars... That sounds sweet.

:o

Can't wait to see it come together!!!

Thanks dude! I'm thinking about adding in something else. If you have any ideas let me know!

In the meantime here's a picture of the lights, I'll try and get a better picture tonight when it's dark, including some lunar pictures!

20light.jpg

Here's how the legs work, it's actually pretty cool and allows for the light to be opened up similar to a hood.

legs.jpg

Here's a night shot of the lunar lights. Pretty cool lookin.

lunar.jpg

What 12,000k pc's are they? They are really nice!

By a brand named Odyssea

Sweet rock wall, cant wait until its grown in!

You have no idea....

No but honestly I'm not sure what I'm going to be puttin on the rockwall. I mean I know I want the pillars to be covered in GSP, maybe the top a couple stalks of xenia. I want the barebottom floor to be covered in a bunch of different kinds of zoanthids. and I'm thinking the corners of the rockwall should have some monti caps. Not sure what else I should do though, but with 130w (6.5wpg + a shallow tank) I should be able to grow almost anything. I'm thinking MAYBE a clam on that center overhanging rock. You guys should give me some suggestions!

Edit: Wow I just did the math. Most of the corals will be in about a 5"W x 18"L x 11"H area right underneath the fixture. That's 4.125 gallons or 31.5wpg! hahaha... Oh well

A clam might be pushing it, but you can grow some monti caps no problem.

A piece of advice, put them really low and to the center. They grow quickly and will ride up the glass preventing you from cleaning it and shade out other corals.

A clam might be pushing it, but you can grow some monti caps no problem.

A piece of advice, put them really low and to the center. They grow quickly and will ride up the glass preventing you from cleaning it and shade out other corals.

Sounds good, anymore coral suggestions?!

What do you think I should put on the rock wall? What will look good?

Hmm, I'm trying to keep all the zoas on the floor, and I want to grow GSP on the pillars. I guess I just want some more variety then zoas and GSP.

Well John, it's not on a running tank yet so I can't tell you about the performance. I can, however tell you that it seems really sturdy. The reflectors are ALMOST individual. It's one piece of aluminum but molded around the bulbs.

Here's a picture of the reflector:

reflector.jpg

I also started construction on the side wall:

wall.jpg

I've got the same light in a 24" version. 2x65w with moonlights. Running on my 10G it works great. I took the acrylic off today to see if it lets more light through. I'll know tomorrow how the corals feel about it.

I've got softies, LPS and even a couple SPS in there and they all seem happy.

Where's the water I want to see water before newyears man!!!! or at least on new years itlls be like:

20L AIO 2009!!!!!

thats what your thread will read :lol:

lol, I think I'll have water in it before new years.

I just need to finish the rock wall, get some: maxi jets, pvc, loc line, heaters, live rock and paint

Getting closer and closer to finishing the rock wall. Hoping to have it done by the middle of next week and start the cycling. Going to cure the rockwall in a rubbermaid while the tank cycles. Should both be done around the same time :)

• 1 month later...

Archived