Innovative Marine Aquariums

CoRPS' 20L AIO w/Rockwall

CoRPS

I'm thinking more along the lines of a whole bunch of colors. green, orange, pink, yellow, blue, red... everything all mixed together. I'm going to be buying the 20 frag pack from dr mac's.. should come with about 120 different colored polyps.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me either! At the rate it's going I'm guessing about 2-3 weeks till it sees water. And roughly 2-3 months before it sees any kind of life. I'm short on cash!

Siorry for the lack of replies, I haven't done much else. A couple more rocks on the wall and that's about it. Been doing other stuff :x

I'll try and update again tomorrow with another picture or two.

Dude, members of the DIY LED Club are here to help! The cheapest, and easiest way to get a jump on the project is figure out what you want to keep, and be able to start with a retrofit friendly used 30" fixture that you're not afraid to cut and drill on :) For my 20" fixture, I started with a Coralife quad 96W fixture someone sold me just for the cost of shipping -- aluminum is a joy to do these retros on.

Either myself or evilc66 can get you started on where/what to order :)

I didn't know I needed to get a retro for it. I figured I could just build one out of acrylic. I guess I'll pop into the LED forum and ask around.

• 2 weeks later...

So tonight's the first night I've done anything to the 20L in a while. I put a bunch more rock on the rockwall, I'm almost done and the rest will be put together with the pond foam. I made a bunch of nice ledges to put coral on. It's looking good.

Front:

front.jpg

Side:

sideview.jpg

From the top:

above.jpg

Militant Jurist

Hey Corps, what did you use to paint your acrylic? Is there a certain kind of paint that is safe for use in reef water?

had a spare moment @ work figured i would peruse nano...

I like the progress you have made with this tank. The ledges & odd shaped wall will really look awsome once some coraline starts growing. I really think the rock wall & 2 outer colums will look dynamite once finished. Not just yankin your chain.

Are you planing on foaming around the rocks on the rock wall? Or just gonna leave it be? Best of luck to ya!

I'm going to be foaming between all the rocks for a couple reasons. 1) Stability. If I put foam between all the rocks I will be able to take out the zip ties, and I've already perfected on how to shape the foam to look like rock :) 2) It would be ugly with all the empty space between the rocks me thinks.

Edit: Also I need some opinions for the pillars. I want to put some kind of coral on a small 'table' on top of the pillars. I'm thinking either Xenia, GSP or monti caps (assuming my lighting is good enough). Any more suggestions?

i would think that xenia, palys/zoo's or gsp would look awsome. leaning more towards the zoo/ gsp.. cause once it fills in; it will wrap around the entire pillar.

Can't do that....

Because the entire floor (barebottom) will be a zoa garden! So.. I'm thinking caps along the back wall, zoas on the floor, gsp on the pillars... That sounds sweet.

Archived