inTank Media Baskets

Lani's random photos

Lalani

StevieT - 1 Lani - 80,846

:lol:

I'm trying to look on the bright side. cash for new car + wierd medical stuff = no new cammy for me. :(

Awwww :flower:

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
have you ever shot your own eyes? i've tried a few times but failed miserably. i need tips...

Yes, I have...... see avatar. :P

I was using a different set-up at the time though.. handheld Nikon Coolpix 8700 (despite being dreadfully slow... it had/has nice macro capabilities) with a cheapy ringlight. Granted, the ringlight reflection is better than the lumiquest reflection.... but it was very dim. I'll have to try just bouncing the light off a wall next time.

Mine eye:

DSCN3360.jpg

I guess I could try it with the XT/100mm combo.... :mellow:

Is this better? :flower:

DSCN3360-1.jpg

Learned a new trick today! How to invert the clone tool. :happy:

Going to try a new shot of my eyes with the 100mm tonight.

This is more difficult than I had anticipated.... >.<

Still troubleshooting, but this is what I have so far...

Right eye:

IMG_0132.jpg

Left eye:

IMG_0138.jpg

As you can see.. the biggest problem right now is the reflection...

lol... no wonder I have trouble remembering what color my eyes are..

Thanks, Ben. :)

I tried a few more eye shots last night... boy, that isn't easy. This time I used the same ringlight as I used in the original.. Because of the fluorescent, and straight on, lighting, the shots were kinda bland and off-color... not nearly as pleasing as side-lighting from a bounched flash. :/ (completed the catch lights for Jerbear)

With shade:

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Without shade: (lol, you can see my fingers holding the light in one of them...)

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

I take it this is only possible with a macro lens, yes?

I've been wanting to try taking pics of my eyes forever but I'm fairly sure it's beyond my skill.

Not necessarily.. You could take a shot from a distance and crop it, or try using diopters. Heck, the very first shot I took of my eye (av) was cropped a ton to get a close-up of the eye. I think the uncropped version had half my face in it, lol. 

The macro lens provides more clarity, of course, and that's what I'm going for right now. I could have backed away from the lens a bit, but the light wasn't strong enough. I'll have to either try sunlight or some other strong light source..

Try it! The only way to gain the skills is to attempt them. ;)

Archived