Lani's random photos

Lalani

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
smiliespire.jpg

Oh, now I see it. :lol:

How did you notice something so small??

nice ones - the lightning shots are more awesome though. ;)

Bah... I've been waiting for another good lightning storm. Seems like every time there is one it's accompanied by rain, which gets in the way.

love-085.gif

More pichers?

Also, is there anything that would cause a camera not to take as good pics as previously, esp. macro's?

Canon Powershot A720 IS.

That's all the new pics I have for now... Anybody have any requests?

Hmmm, maybe a setting was changed. Do you have any examples?

Now those are some water droplets.

I'm actually still trying (every once and a while) to get a droplet hitting the 'bounce-up-thinger' of the drop before it.

Seems you have an awful lot of success, perhaps you'll be one of the first on here to get it!

Elby

That would require a precise set up with a 'dripper' dripping the water at a specific rate. And probably a trigger sensor to snap the pic at the right moment.. Or a camera with fast FPS continuous shooting.

I'm lazy. :P

That would require a precise set up with a 'dripper' dripping the water at a specific rate. And probably a trigger sensor to snap the pic at the right moment.. Or a camera with fast FPS continuous shooting.

I'm lazy. :P

I've been using drip acclimation method ahah. Tie a knot in a small tube, start the siphon etc just like with fish. I just adjust it so that it's fixed at a certain height and gives so many drops per second. I've come close, but no cigar yet.

It kills me everytime I see your shots, Kim, because it's just another nail in the coffin for me selling all my random junk and buying a 100mm. Which... is kinda mean. WHY MUST YOU FORSAKE ME?! :(

Do I even need to say that it's all sweet as at this point? Really? Bah!

Ha, I dunno. When I finally get a job would be an approximate timeframe :P Have you used the Sigma 105 f/2,8 at all?

Nah, I haven't used the Sigma at all, but from what I hear it may be slightly better than the Canon. dshnarw uses one. :)

Nah, I haven't used the Sigma at all, but from what I hear it may be slightly better than the Canon. dshnarw uses one. :)

i use the 150, not the 105 ;)

Ha! Kim is actually infallible! :P

Happily, the Sigma is actually $450 less here and everybody seems to agree it is a better lens. Methinks I have some conning of the parental units to do...

Shhhhh, don't tell 'em. :P

And lol, good luck working on the parents. ;)

I think I might try my hand at night/astrophotography again soon..... maybe even if the sky is clear tonight.

Archived